Previews don't work when Kontakt 7 is a plug-in in Logic Pro

Bobby Rothschild
Bobby Rothschild Member Posts: 32 Member

Logic Pro 10.7.7

iOS Ventura 13.3.1

Kontakt 7 7.3.0

Previews do not sound. They work in standalone mode. Do not work within Logic Pro.

and BTW: the instructions for using the NI Support Tool for Mac don't match the current Ventura 13.3.1 interface, and therefore cannot be used. so I'm dead in the water because in order to get to the Support team within NI you have to complete the troubleshooting .zip file opening sequence to give NI the info they need. big drag

Best Answer

• Bobby Rothschild
    Answer ✓

"Note that this library conrtains preview sounds for all KOMPLETE and NKS instruments released prior to October 1, 2017. All instruments released after this date come packaged with the necessary preview sounds."

This is the message that shows up in Native Access when you install the Previews.

Yes, my system has Full Disk Access for both Logic & Kontakt 7.

Previews worked after I installed the Previews. NI should remove the incorrect information.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

have you checked also the version of the plugin if stand alone and the plugin both are the same?

• Bobby Rothschild

They are the same version. Thanks for your definitive answer. The Previews will not work as a plug-in in Logic Pro. Period. You've saved me countless wasted hours trying to get an answer out of NI. Thanks Uwe!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited May 2023

I did not say that, i really don't know, i can ask tomorrow some native staff if there are any known issues. Normally you have to install the preview library too as far as I know. What's most strange to me is, that it's working for you stand alone but not with the plugin.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

The Native Browser Preview Library provides presets previews inside Komplete Kontrol or Maschine.

Are the previews working if you load Kontakt instruments inside KK loaded as a plugin in Logic?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Bobby Rothschild Do Logic and Kontakt 7 both have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

He got it working after installing previews

• Bobby Rothschild
    Answer ✓

"Note that this library conrtains preview sounds for all KOMPLETE and NKS instruments released prior to October 1, 2017. All instruments released after this date come packaged with the necessary preview sounds."

This is the message that shows up in Native Access when you install the Previews.

Yes, my system has Full Disk Access for both Logic & Kontakt 7.

Previews worked after I installed the Previews. NI should remove the incorrect information.