I plan to buy the Mysteria expansion

Sindri
Sindri Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi everybody,

After a few weeks I begin to create music on Maschine MK3 that I estimate satisfying (even if I can approve myself a lot).

I’m ready now to offer myself the expansion that I’m dreaming of since the beginning: Mysteria.

But after watching a few tutorials I have a few questions.

If I understood correctly, I have to open it on Kontakt to create the sound I need. Then can I save it and transfer it to Maschine software to use it in my creations? How do I use the Mysteria sounds and voices in Maschine?

Thank you so much 🙏✨🤗

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you can open kontakt within maschine and then open that library. You even can select the mysteria library in maschine browser and open all presets directly, so it opens kontakt and the preset automatically and of course all parameters are mapped and you can play and have fun right off.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Ashlight is part of a “trilogy” with Straylight and Pharlight. Probably you will love them too

Happy that you are satisfied with your purchase 👍🏼

Another suggestion: now that you have all these instruments (once you’ll have installed them), when you are searching for a type of sound (or a “mood”), don’t limit yourself going inside one determined instrument. You can use the Maschine (or KK) browser to refine your search by instrument type, category,… and the list that will appear under will be a mix of all the presets from the different instruments that have these characteristics. In this way you will discover sounds from instruments that maybe you thought were not suited for what you wanted to do, but could contain a sound fitting the mood you were looking for anyway 😉

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

No problem for the questions. Happy to help (we all started from 0 knowledge once 😉).

Probably you don’t see it because you are in the groups tab (or another one). You must change to the instruments tab and you will find the instruments you have installed:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you can open kontakt within maschine and then open that library. You even can select the mysteria library in maschine browser and open all presets directly, so it opens kontakt and the preset automatically and of course all parameters are mapped and you can play and have fun right off.

• Sindri

Hi and thank you so much for your answer. Mysteria will be perfect, I love how these voices sounds like

Thank you so much 🙏

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Just a hint since Mysteria is quite expensive: in a little while (usually June) there should be the usual NI offer “Summer of sound”, where instruments can go 50% off.

If you are not in an hurry, I would wait to diminish your expense. Or, if you are interested, spend a little more than what you would for Mysteria alone and buy the Komplete bundle which contains it (Ultimate) but get A TON more instruments (and Expansions, since I know you are new to Maschine).

Just food for thoughts. Up to you to pick what you really want/need 😉

• Sindri

@LostInFoundation I just listened to your advise and finally chose the Komplete 14 ultimate bundle as it has many things that I am interested in. I chose the upgrade as I had komplete 14 yet.

I installed Ashlight first as this sound universe really fits to me. But I don’t know why it seems I only have a demo. Do you know why? Do I only have a demo? Or should I have the full version in the ultimate bundle?

Thank you 🙏🤗

• LostInFoundation

You should have full version. This is a problem arising a lot lately. Check around on the forum and you’ll find many threads about it.

Or see if you are lucky enough to have your problem solved by this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

• LostInFoundation

Btw: my suggestion was to wait 1 month for the sales…but if you don’t have money problems, good for you to have the instruments one month before (always if NI fixes this mess with Native Access and you don’t have them in demo mode…) 😉

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

I wanted to make you spare money and I ended making you spend more…😂

I should have an affiliate income from NI for convincing you to buy the big package…like YouTubers do 😏

• Sindri

@LostInFoundation I’m so happy that I have taken the komplete 14 ultimate. Now that I know I really like creating music with Maschine I can afford something that big 🥰

I tried the ashlight in komplete and I love how it sounds. I would have a question:

How do I transfer the sounds of Ashlight from Komplete to the Maschine software?

Thank you for all your help 🙏✨

• LostInFoundation

You must open it inside Maschine, no need to transfer.

KK is made to play instruments or open it inside a DAW. It doesn’t have any piano roll nor a way to record what you are playing

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Ashlight is part of a “trilogy” with Straylight and Pharlight. Probably you will love them too

Happy that you are satisfied with your purchase 👍🏼

Another suggestion: now that you have all these instruments (once you’ll have installed them), when you are searching for a type of sound (or a “mood”), don’t limit yourself going inside one determined instrument. You can use the Maschine (or KK) browser to refine your search by instrument type, category,… and the list that will appear under will be a mix of all the presets from the different instruments that have these characteristics. In this way you will discover sounds from instruments that maybe you thought were not suited for what you wanted to do, but could contain a sound fitting the mood you were looking for anyway 😉

• Sindri

@LostInFoundation Thank you for these information.

Can I ask you how can I open Ashlight in Maschine software? It does not appear in the expansion list that can appear in the library.

Sorry for all these questions

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

No problem for the questions. Happy to help (we all started from 0 knowledge once 😉).

Probably you don’t see it because you are in the groups tab (or another one). You must change to the instruments tab and you will find the instruments you have installed:

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Under these tabs, if you click on “All Instruments” you’ll switch between the banners view and the categories view, where you will find “Types”, “Characters”, what I was talking about before to refine the search without limiting yourself within a single instrument

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

And…just to clarify an answer given before: you don’t even HAVE to open Kontakt (or KK) inside Maschine and THEN open the libraries inside of it. As he said in second part of the answer, you should directly see the libraries in the Maschine browser (like you can see in my picture)

• Sindri

Thank you so much @LostInFoundation for all these information.

It is much clearer now and I also think that searching sounds by « moods » is better than by instrument. I discovered a sound in solar blaze that is amazing.

This type research is much more accurate.

I feel like a kid at Christmas time with all that Komplete 14 Ultimate has to offer 🎁🥰🤗🤪