S61 MK2 Control knobs and Kontakt plugins GUI

Rufuspoppy
Rufuspoppy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello I'm new here and getting to know the Kontakt/NI/Komplete Kontrol system.

I cannot see how to use the S61 control knobs on Kontakt's GUI, having loaded a plugin. I note that it is possible on Komplete Kontrol's GUI plugin interface. On Kontakt I am only able to adjust the plugin sound parameters by mouse on screen. Am I missing something?

Many thanks.

Neil.

Best Answer

• Rufuspoppy
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your prompt replies, this has been very useful.

Answers

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

You need to load Kontakt within the Komplete Kontrol plugin. Along the top of the KK plugin there’s a button to show the knobs, where you can edit what they control.

If you want the keyboard to control Kontakt without the Komplete Kontrol plugin, you’ll have to use the keyboard in midi mode.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Welcome to the sad state of KK software.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

There are 2 ways of using the keyboard: if in Komplete Kontrol software you are loading an NKS Instrument, your knobs should be already automatically mapped to the parameters (and you can move with the kb arrows between different pages of parameters). (This is called Controller Mode and works with NKS instruments and should be automatic)

If you want to map something else to them and you are using Kontakt, you have to put the kb in Midi Mode (in your model SHIFT + MIDI/PLUG-IN, but it should automatically be in this mode opening Kontakt) and then use the midi learn functionality in Kontakt (right click on the UI knob -> Learn and then move the kb knob you want to assign).

My suggestion is to open NKS instruments in Komplete Kontrol software (which will load Kontakt within itself) where you have everything already premapped and you can also use the Scales/Chords/Arpeggiator functions of the keyboard

• Rufuspoppy
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your prompt replies, this has been very useful.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

You’re welcome