[SOLVED] KK S61 will only display the KK logo and "Smart Keyboard Controller"

MarkinLA
MarkinLA Member Posts: 22 Member
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I am testing in KK standalone to eliminate any DAW factors.

When my S61 boots, it has stopped getting past this screen. If I load a plugin through the software it isn't reflected in these screens although I can still play instruments and the keyboard is recognized with the little "61" icon in the top bar. Also, the keys light up with their appropriate colors. However, none of the encoders work.

Please help! I am running KK 2.9.1 (recently upgraded) and running Catalina 10.15.7.

UPDATE: SOLVED - The problem appears to be because I had another MIDI device (a Yamaha MOXF8) started first. When I turned that off, KK worked normally. Note, if I turn the MOXF8 on AFTER, all remains well.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Quote from OP:

"UPDATE: SOLVED - The problem appears to be because I had another MIDI device (a Yamaha MOXF8) started first. When I turned that off, KK worked normally. Note, if I turn the MOXF8 on AFTER, all remains well."

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

It shouldn’t act like this even if another midi device is started first

• MarkinLA
    MarkinLA Member Posts: 22 Member

Yeah. A good many things could be improved. The product is wonderful when it works but there are so many issues with user-friendliness when it comes to setup and uninstalling.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

Imagine they are saying they are giving all these brand new ways of installing to make it more user friendly…

I was perceiving them as more friendly when they gave me my installation files…

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Quote from OP:

"UPDATE: SOLVED - The problem appears to be because I had another MIDI device (a Yamaha MOXF8) started first. When I turned that off, KK worked normally. Note, if I turn the MOXF8 on AFTER, all remains well."