which Limiter inside Traktor Pro 3 do you prefer/recommend?

The Sarge
The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

hello everybody,

which setting do you recommend for the limiter?

so the one under : Preferences>Mixer

which type?

and which headroom?

currently I do not use real turntables yet

thanks in advance

The Sarge!

PS: why is there always so much space between the textlines, when using "ENTER"? it drives me mad

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

maybe this helps a bit https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210311385-Digital-DJing-and-Sound-Quality-Handling-Levels-in-TRAKTOR

i just leave the setting as it is and never had a problem, i normally just use 2 decks (auto gain on) and mostly cut EQ/filter + FX.

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

thanks @Uwe303

a translation problem: "and mostly cut EQ/filter + FX." do you mean you use them to cut frequencies or cut them out of your mind/don´t use them ?

"i just leave the setting as it is": I´ve changed here and there, could you please tell me what EQ you use? had it on "Z ISO" but the linked article says DON´T use "Z ISO" 😲

• Uwe303

I mean I use the eq/filter on the track mostly to cut frequencies i rarely boost and if, not much, and i use Z - ISO. Never had any problems with that.

• Uwe303
    edited April 2023

Strange that Z ISO alters the sound even in neutral position, i will have to make an AB Test and see what's going on. But why even make a filter and set it as standard after installing traktor if it alters the sound - but like i said - to my ears the Z ISO is no problem, you could try to set Z -ISO and below (filter type) to xone.