how to recover a deleted folder ?

Hello, I've accidentally deleted a folder with 15 playlists in traktor 3.6.2. Is there a way to recover it ? Thanks  

Tagged:

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Folder on your disk? Or folder in Traktor?

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590729-How-to-Restore-the-TRAKTOR-Track-Collection-from-a-Backup

• Windows: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection
    • OS X: Macintosh HD > User > *Your Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection
  • anirvan deva
    anirvan deva Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2023

The folder was in Traktor and had a few playlists in it

• lord-carlos

Good, did you find the backup?

• anirvan deva

Sorry but I am not understanding. I'm looking for those playlists and here looks like there's a list of backup files, that is music that I've played on those days. Right?

(PS: sorry, not sure why it's upside down)

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

Every time you enter (or exit, not sure) Traktor, a copy of your complete collection, including all your current playlists, is saved in the backup folder.

• Make a manual copy of your the file 'collection.nml' (that's your current collection). You can rename it to something like 'collectionold.nml' or whatever.
    • Pick a backup collection-file that has a date that you know you still had your old playlist.
    • Copy it to the same folder as your original 'collection.nml' (two up i think).
    • Replace 'collection.nml' with the older one (delete original, rename old collection ('collection_2023blahdatetime.nml' to current collection, i.e. 'collection.nml')

Open Traktor. Everything is now as if you are way back, including having your old playlist and not having anything recent. Go to your lost playlists and export them. Close Traktor and switch the collections back to the actual one. Import your exported playlist.

• lord-carlos

The link I gave you explains everything.

• anirvan deva

thank you it worked 🙏