Expand Octave Range on Native Electric Mint and other guitars ??

nobadmojo
nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Anyone have a good way to expand the sound range on Electric Mint and the other Native Instruments guitars?

I think we got short changed here. Guitars usually have an almost 4 octaves range plus what you can bend into. Electric Mint gives you only 3 octaves and you can only bend by 1 note. Plus if we only get 3 octaves I think they should have been 1 octave higher...I think many players work the higher octaves..If you are trying to copy many great guitar players they work those higher note ranges a lot...ones we cant get to.

Is there a simple way to work around this by a DAW plugin or something? I use Bitwig and there is a pitch shifter and Octaver, but I think those are for midi? I dont know much about this <obviously>

Also since I am griping here, why does Native constantly come out with new instruments but not upgrade their present crop of instruments? Ok I think I know this answer, but I think it is wrong that all these instruments are forever stuck on Version 1.0. I think NI makes good stuff, but companies should strive to improve on what they come out with..their customers appreciate upgrades

Tagged:

Best Answer

• nobadmojo
    Answer ✓

Brad I'm in Crazyville.....I checked out Shreddage3 Stratus and was really impressed, But before pulling the trigger on that, I installed NI Sunburst Deluxe because I was having trouble imagining they wouldnt sample the entire fretboards on these guitars. Discovered that I have full range on that instrument and now also have full range on Electric Mint. The only change being that when I went to install I noticed there was an upgrade from Kontakt 7 to a newer version 7.3 or something...That was the only change, thx for responding. I;m all good for now

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

With the NI melody versions of the sample set and scripting, what you get is what you get. You may be able to increase the pitch wheel range of your controller to bend farther.

I have most of the NI guitars, but found that the Impact Soundworks Shreddage series is my go-to axe for 'real' lead work. NKS compatible. MASSIVE learning curve!!

• nobadmojo
    Answer ✓

Brad I'm in Crazyville.....I checked out Shreddage3 Stratus and was really impressed, But before pulling the trigger on that, I installed NI Sunburst Deluxe because I was having trouble imagining they wouldnt sample the entire fretboards on these guitars. Discovered that I have full range on that instrument and now also have full range on Electric Mint. The only change being that when I went to install I noticed there was an upgrade from Kontakt 7 to a newer version 7.3 or something...That was the only change, thx for responding. I;m all good for now