Reaktor 6.5 not showing up on Native Access, only installs 6.4.3

James Thornton
James Thornton Member Posts: 20 Member

Help... (nothing else to say)

Best Answer

• James Thornton
    Answer ✓

I was able to get Reaktor 6.5 using the new version of Native Access. NI helped me solve my problem noted above in getting the old NTKDaemon to uninstall. See my Native Access thread for the details.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Are you still on Native Access 1?

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru

Have you tried Native Access 2 ? That's what worked for me.

Native Access 1 wont tell you that there is an upgrade. Somehow you need to just know!

• James Thornton

I'm running 1.14.1

• James Thornton

Didn't know there was a 2. Will try. Thanks.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Yeah that's probably it

• James Thornton

Well, that could have gone better. I can't install the new version. It fails trying to install the new version of the NKS demon. Says it can't find the old msi file. Won't uninstall from Windows either. Hmmm....

• James Thornton

It still should work in the old version. I don't have any subscriptions. All the other updates show up.

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru

Not the Reaktor 6.5 though. They will likely add it at some point soon though, becasue Native Access 2 has been causing problems for some users, and the advice from NI Support is to revert to Native Access 1. So it would be a right old mess if Reaktor 6.5 was only available on NA2!

Best to open a support ticket on the NI website

• James Thornton

Agree. Thanks.

• James Thornton

I have no idea how to open a support ticket. The website keeps giving me the runaround.

• James Thornton

Native Access 3.3.1 won't install because if fails trying to install the NTKDaemon 1.11.0 saying it can't uninstall the old version and tells me to uninstall the old version from Windows. I tried that but if fails too and now the NTKDaemon doesn't even show up in the apps and features, but I can see the old Daemon is still running in the Task Manager.

• Kay Boarder
    Kay Boarder Member Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2023

Since I rolled back to Native Access 1 because NA2 made problems on my laptop (Win10 Pro x64), I cannot receive the Reaktor 6.5 update.

I launch NI Access all day and check if that changes, but it doesn´t.

Instead it tells me all my products are up to date,- so I´m stuck w/ Reaktor 6.4.3 too.

I don´t think it´s an individual issue, so no need to open a support ticket.

My laptop is well configurated and works w/ everything I´m using, except NI Access 2.

Instead, I can´t believe NI, as a leading music software manufacturer, is fighting w/ all the NI Access issues since release of NI Access 2.

NI Komplete Ultimate Collectors Edition user here,- and NI Access is the most important piece of software in that bundle,- authorizing, activating and updating every software device and soundpacks bundled.

Here´s a newer and slightly faster Win11 Pro laptop waiting for audio/MIDI software installation.

So NI,- please fix the NA2 bugs urgently,- and I´ll use it on Win10 and Win 11 machines.

But for the time being, I´ll stay w/ NI Access 1 in the hope it will be possible updating Reaktor that way AFAP too.

It should be possible using NA1 when your "upgraded" NA2 is that buggy,- no ?

thx for reading ...

• deadfly
    deadfly Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the same issue. It installed perfectly fine on my Mac (using Native Access 1), but on my Windows 10 PC it says 6.4.3 is the latest version

• Quietschboy
    Quietschboy Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited May 2023

Rektor 6.5 doesn´t show up to me in NA1 and NA3.3.1, too. WIN8.1

• James Thornton
    Answer ✓

I was able to get Reaktor 6.5 using the new version of Native Access. NI helped me solve my problem noted above in getting the old NTKDaemon to uninstall. See my Native Access thread for the details.