Komplete 12 Ultimate CE Not 900 GB Sample Library

adEY08394
adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member

The specifications for Komplete 12 Ultimate CE says it has a sample library of over 900 GB, but after installing everything to the same content location the sample library is only 619 GB. Where's the rest of the sample library?

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

I do not have techspec for K12U CE at hand, but does not refer 900 GB to uncompressed size? In that case 619 GB of compressed content would be appropriate.

For K14U CE figures are 1 TB (compressed) and 1.5 TB (uncompressed), so uncompressed is about 150% of compressed.

Also, if K14U CE is about 1 TB compressed, K12U CE cannot be 0.9 TB compressed. So, 900 GB must be figure for uncompressed libraries.

IMHO, Kontakt Libraries are stored compressed on disc.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

I do not have techspec for K12U CE at hand, but does not refer 900 GB to uncompressed size? In that case 619 GB of compressed content would be appropriate.

For K14U CE figures are 1 TB (compressed) and 1.5 TB (uncompressed), so uncompressed is about 150% of compressed.

Also, if K14U CE is about 1 TB compressed, K12U CE cannot be 0.9 TB compressed. So, 900 GB must be figure for uncompressed libraries.

IMHO, Kontakt Libraries are stored compressed on disc.

• adEY08394

Here are the techspecs:

https://www.megamusiconline.com.au/product/native-instruments-komplete-12-standard-collectors-edition-upgrade-music-production-suite/

https://www.musoscorner.com.au/native-instruments-komplete-12-ultimate-collectors-edition

"...but doesn't 900 GB refer to uncompressed size?..."

Yeah, and the files in my NI content library aren't compressed.

The K12U CE installation files folder is about 600 GB, and when installed the K12U CE uncompressed content location folder is about 619 GB as mentioned.

The techspecs says the sample library should be over 900 GB.

Here's some screenshots of all the K12U CE products in the content location folder. I also checked the NA default content location in the Public Documents folder for content I may of accidently installed there, but nothing was installed at the default location.

• Kubrak

But the samples on disc are still compressed, IMHO. ;-) Or do you see there waw files, or anything alike?

• adEY08394

Some Sample folders contain wav files, others contain nkc/nkx files. I'm assuming the nkc/nkx are containers for compressed audio files, is that correct?

Can someone confirm what size the content location folder should be for K12U CE. For a sample library that should be over 900 GB, 300 GB is a lot of compression.

• Kubrak

Flac looseless compresses to about 50%, in case of Kontakt Libraries would be compression about 33% if uncompressed is 900 and result 600. So, it is less compression than in case of flac.