Komplete Kontrol S88 promo Komplete 14 standard

Andrea Spaggiari
Andrea Spaggiari Member Posts: 47 Member

Hello everyone, I'd be interested in purchasing s88 but based on the proposed promotion, the standard komplete 14 software is also included, which I have already purchased previously. Now my question is what if I buy the keyboard? I have an extra copy of komplete 14 that I wouldn't do anything with. I wonder if for those who have already purchased the software previously, a further discount or a voucher for the purchase of other native instrument software cannot be given. If it is not possible, please tell me the registration procedure as it should be if I have to exclude the included software? Thank you

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

The answer is no. With NI every time I bought their hardwares I ended up with double, triple, or even quadruple copies of their softwares.

what you could do eventually is resell your previous copy of K14 Standard, if you bought it not bundled with anything else. The new version you will get is bundled with the keyboard, so probably you cannot ask for a license transfer for it.

Check now if the version you own now is eligible for a License transfer, under your account in NI site (My products and serials -> License transfer -> Transfer a license (at the bottom) will bring you to this page:)

You can’t exclude the bundled software from an offer, and in any case since no discount will be applied, better to take it

• Andrea Spaggiari
    Answer ✓

@LostInFoundation Thanks for the immediate and comprehensive reply.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

The answer is no. With NI every time I bought their hardwares I ended up with double, triple, or even quadruple copies of their softwares.

what you could do eventually is resell your previous copy of K14 Standard, if you bought it not bundled with anything else. The new version you will get is bundled with the keyboard, so probably you cannot ask for a license transfer for it.

Check now if the version you own now is eligible for a License transfer, under your account in NI site (My products and serials -> License transfer -> Transfer a license (at the bottom) will bring you to this page:)

You can’t exclude the bundled software from an offer, and in any case since no discount will be applied, better to take it

• Andrea Spaggiari
    Answer ✓

@LostInFoundation Thanks for the immediate and comprehensive reply.

• Andrea Spaggiari
    edited April 2023

@LostInFoundation so if i buy the keyboard by activating the software i would find myself downloading a copy of each product inside onto my mac. But in this way I would uselessly occupy space inside the mac with all the double libraries on the external ssd 😳

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

You don’t have to download anything nor activate anything since you already have the same programs

Just in case you sell the version you already own you’ll have to activate the newer one

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

@Andrea Spaggiari Ti volevi scrivere un messaggio perché potrei essere interessato eventualmente se vorrai vendere la tua versione, ma essendoti registrato come privato non posso

• Andrea Spaggiari

@LostInFoundation because I've read that to activate the keyboard there is a single license that also activates the software. So I wonder if it also activates the software then I can't find it as a duplicate of all the products on access? Sorry to ask but before making a purchase I want to be sure. For the discussion of the sale of the license you asked me, I will evaluate later. for now I'm interested in understanding if it doesn't mess me up on access.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@LostInFoundation now you can send me a message

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Oh yes…probably you’re right…it could be activated (even if I have some instruments/expansions that were bundled with hardwares and they are still listed under Not Activated since I already owned them) . But you won’t find double entries. As an example, I have many Komplete Ultimate bundles activated, but the programs listed in NA are just single copies. And in any case you will not have to download anything if you already have them installed

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Andrea Spaggiari As LostInFoundation said, if you have duplicate licences, Native Access will show given plugin only once.

I have many duplicates, but no duplicates shown in NA. It is much better so, IMHO.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@LostInFoundation @Kubrak Thank you very much for the comprehensive answers