Machine+: How can I assign a pattern to a different sound?

natewaddoups
natewaddoups Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Maschine

How I got into this situation:

1. Use the browser to select a sound for a pad.
  2. Create a pattern using that sound.
  3. Create another pattern using that sound.
  4. Realize that I want a different sound for that 2nd pattern.
  5. Use the browser to select a different sound on a different pad.
  6. Now what?

I realize that I can use the browser to pick a new sound for the first pad, but that would change the sound for both patterns. I just want to point the 2nd pattern at the 2nd pad.

I realize I could create a new pattern using the sound on the 2nd pad, but I don't want to go through that trouble a second time, and I'm guessing that there's any easier way to get where I want to be. I just haven't been able to discover the way.

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Press Events then Select (button 2), then press the pad with the events you want to copy, all events on that pad should be selected. Shift + Copy (Pad 11) Shift + Clear (Pad9), press up or down to select a new sound slot Shift + Paste (pad 12). No singular button or pad to move events in Pad Mode.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Since you already have Patterns 1 & 2 on Pad 1, but want a different Sound (= Pad) for Pattern 2, you can just:

1. duplicate Pad 1 to Pad 2
    2. change the Sound of Pad 2
    3. delete the notes for Pad 2 in Pattern 1
    4. delete the notes for Pad 1 in Pattern 2

I do that quite often and feel it’s faster than going into Events and do a Cop/Paste from one Pattern to another.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Press Events then Select (button 2), then press the pad with the events you want to copy, all events on that pad should be selected. Shift + Copy (Pad 11) Shift + Clear (Pad9), press up or down to select a new sound slot Shift + Paste (pad 12). No singular button or pad to move events in Pad Mode.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Since you already have Patterns 1 & 2 on Pad 1, but want a different Sound (= Pad) for Pattern 2, you can just:

1. duplicate Pad 1 to Pad 2
    2. change the Sound of Pad 2
    3. delete the notes for Pad 2 in Pattern 1
    4. delete the notes for Pad 1 in Pattern 2

I do that quite often and feel it’s faster than going into Events and do a Cop/Paste from one Pattern to another.

• natewaddoups
    natewaddoups Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you both!

Blindeddie your answer made me realize I was overlooking what should have been obvious.

Ozon, your answer is something I never would have guessed, but it gave me some new insight into Maschine's data structure.