How to play legato notes with Komplete Kontrol?

Pauljaye
Pauljaye Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have the Komplete Kontrol interface and would like to play the "Bowed Strings" ensemble with sustained notes. The only option I'm seeing is 'Short Strings', which is like pizzicato.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    Answer ✓

You may need to refer to your manual to see how you enable different articulations. This is true of almost every orchestral library I've ever dealt with other than the ones that specialize specifically on short articulation samplers such as 8DIO Ostinato library.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

On which plugin? In any case, it is often done with the sustain pedal

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    Answer ✓

You may need to refer to your manual to see how you enable different articulations. This is true of almost every orchestral library I've ever dealt with other than the ones that specialize specifically on short articulation samplers such as 8DIO Ostinato library.

• Pauljaye

Thanks so much for your help!

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    edited April 2023

For any NKS certified plugin, one easy way to find out what articulations are available for any orchestral plugin is to put Komplete Kontrol into edit view and turn on virtual keyboard.

Then you can see/experiment with articulations from your keyboard. If that plugin has legato you should be able to activate here...And you can also activate/change the articulations by mouse click if that is preferred.

• Pauljaye

Thank you for your help!