How do i fix the audio jumping? this seems to only happen when i buy songs from iTunes.

NCP_BP
NCP_BP Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

As said in the title, whenever i buy a song from iTunes, traktor pro does not seem to like it. the audio spikes up and down. it is visible in the wave format. when i buy a song from beatport it runs perfectly fine. this just started happening one day out of the blue. at first i thought it was the m4a format because when i convert the file to mp3 it sounds fine, but worse quality.

Does anyone have a fix for my issue?

thank you?

Tagged:

Answers

• Courier4267
    Courier4267 Member Posts: 5 Member

This is a known problem related to the latest Windows 11 Security patch.

Quote from https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11369/3-9-0-beta-1-uploaded/p1

Known Issues that we’re working on:

M4a files that have been bought on iTunes have Volume issues on Windows since the last security Windows 11 update.

The solutions are either, as you already mentioned, to convert the files to another format or downgrade to windows 10.

Some have reported that a rollback of the security patch (current: 22H2, previous: 22H1) also helps.

• Dread300
    Dread300 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all has there been any new updates to fix this issue. Its driving me up the wall. having to convert to mp3 is frustrating and then i have double tracks showing so have to then put NOTE everywhere.

myself and my young son are enjoying the S4mk3 control but this is becoming a sell option now. ( not what i want to do but cannot see any other option right now

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Unluckily lately NI doesn’t seem to feel the urge to fix these kind of issues, even when they acknowledge them

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,328 Expert

Rekordbox and Serato have the issue too. The problem lies within the build in m4a encoder from windows, it should be up to MS to fix it. (In a just world? :P)

Seems like only Djuced fixed it by giving their users a plugin that changed the encoder from the MS ones to a self packaged on. I don't see NI having the capacity to go this route.

More people should complain to MS.

I asked NI to create a pin, explain the situation and what workaround exist. But yeah .. they just ignore it and I don't why.