KK keyboard commands

davec
davec Member Posts: 2 Member

I am a 78 year old duffer, so be gentle!

When I audition patches in KK within Logic I use sometimes use the up/down buttons on my Apple keyboard to scroll through and audition patches.

When I find one I like I have to double click on the mouse to load it.

Is there not a key I could press to load the instrument instead of the mouse since I am already at the keyboard? It seems a pretty sensible utility to have to me, unless one is already scrolling with the mouse of course.

Dave

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is same with most DAWs, Live is also the same where ENTER cannot be used because it is a primary DAW key in most cases so I believe the KK plugin is designed to not intercept the use of enter, if yoou have your KK keyboard in front of you even if you do not like using it to browse you can just press ENTER on it or the 4D encoder to load the selected sound.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert

If you push enter when you are on the preset you want, it will load 👍🏼

• davec
    davec Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi,

You would imagine that might be the answer, but it doesn't happen.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

It does with the standalone - the problem here is Logic. It wants to use your key commands for its own purposes so it intercepts most of them including return (but just not the arrow keys for some reason even though they are also used by Logic). I am not aware of any way to turn that off and pass keyboard commands through - some DAWs have such an option but not Logic - longstanding FR

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is same with most DAWs, Live is also the same where ENTER cannot be used because it is a primary DAW key in most cases so I believe the KK plugin is designed to not intercept the use of enter, if yoou have your KK keyboard in front of you even if you do not like using it to browse you can just press ENTER on it or the 4D encoder to load the selected sound.