MK3 Lost pad sensitivity

TheXaman
TheXaman Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi All, I've had a Maschine mk3 for a couple of years and recently i noticed that all pads have lost sensitivity significantly. I understand that this is related to a problem with the mechanism under the pads. Has anyone ran into this issue and found a solution?

I've also contacted Native Instruments, about a week ago and haven't gotten a response. how long does it usually take for them to respond? I'm in Los Angeles, CA.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi @TheXaman sorry that you haven't received a reply from our support team yet. Due to the volume of support requests, there's a delay in our reply time atm. I've escalated your ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

• TheXaman

They contacted me last friday. Greatly appreciated.

• TheXaman

Hi Kaiwan. Talked to Patrick last week but he hasn't gotten back to me. My mk3 is very important to my workflow and my business. Please help me figure this out.

• peter verberne
    peter verberne Member Posts: 16 Member

As you see, not much of support going on here from the NI team...

If your Maschine is still in warranty time, contact your reseller and send it in for repair.

If it's out of warranty, go and open it up and clean it, using some YouTube video. I can recommend Blezz Beats https://youtu.be/j93nxoqjSk0?si=rIf7f4WjQKM1ReDY or D-One, who actually is a NI community moderator.

Don't go buying new sensor sheets because you'll loose even more sensitivity. Take pictures while you disassemble because some make stupid errors in reconnections and reassembly.

The maschine is a superiour drumpad device for finger drumming when NEW, but wears out too quickly. At least to my taste. Better buy a midi keyboard and practice your drumming skills there, because these are much more durable and don't loose sensitivity as fast as the Maschine does... in fact they are even more sensitive for drumming. If you use a Komplete Kontrol Keyboard (be sure to buy a MKII and not a MKIII !!!!) you will have fine Maschine integration as well.

Good luck!