External recording

Mike Ped
Mike Ped Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi

I’m trying to find out how I can record my mixes using a audio 10 version pro 3 externally

ie using an external mixer through my audio 10 sound card.

I have watched a few tutorials but when I play the recording back all I get is a whining sound when playing back.

many help with this would be much appreciated.

cheers Mike

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

A master signal from the mixer (master, rec out, booth) has to go into an input on the audio 10.

You can either setup Traktor to use an external recorder or use something like audacity:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590509-How-to-Record-a-Mix-in-TRAKTOR-Using-an-External-Mixer-and-the-AUDIO-8-DJ

Make sure the signal is not clipping.

• Mike Ped

Hi

I tried that but I have an audio 10 sound card so that option isn’t in the drop down box for the audio setup drop down box

• lord-carlos

What option in what drop down?

Are there other options in that drop down?

• Mike Ped

Hi again

in preferences audio setup - audio device the option is built- in core output ( core audio) the other option is Microsoft team audio ( core audio)

• lord-carlos

Sounds like your Audio 10 is not working at all.

If you can't select it there, then you also can't use it as an output. How did you manage to use it with an external mixer?

• Mike Ped

It definitely works as I’ve been using it since 2009

min going to have another play around with it today and see how I get on cheers