Komplete 14 but only Kontakt 7 Player

jhall
jhall Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Komplete General

Hi,

We've just upgraded to Komplete 14 at the studio at a university I'm working at. Everything works great, except that we can only see Kontakt 7 Player in Native Access. Shouldn't the full version of Kontakt 7 be included in Komplete 14?

Best Answers

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Yes Komplete 14 should have Kontakt 7, Komplete 14 Select has only Kontakt Player....

• jhall
    jhall Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you.

To be clear, it is indeed the Komplete 14 Standard version we have upgraded to - not the Select version. However, it doesn't show up in Native Access (only Kontakt 7 Player).

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

And do you have OS that is compatible with Kontakt 7? (But if you would not, Player 7 would not show as well, I guess.)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@jhall Reinstalling Kontakt 7 in Native Access should change the "flavour" of Kontakt. The program in itself is the same, only activation changes it's status.

• Llupa
    Llupa Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@jhall - did you get this sorted? Got the same thing here...

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

@Llupa Have you tried what Jeremy_NI suggested above? (Reinstalling Kontakt 7 in Native Access)

• Frahel
    Frahel Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi @Jeremy_NI, I've got the same issue and I don't quite get how your approach is supposed to work, since "Kontakt 7" isn't shown. Am I missing something?

I had updated Kontakt 7 Player just before I entered the new MK2 S88's serial number (don't ask - I'm a Komplete rookie) and the app shows as Kontakt 7 on my computer (Windows 11), but says Kontakt 7 Player when it's opened.

They're not essentially the same, are they? Like @jhall I too have the Komplete 14 Standard version.

Please help <3

• Jeremy_NI

@Frahel What does Native Access say? Can you send a screenshot of Kontakt 7 Player there or showing it's absence?

• Frahel

@Jeremy_NI When I downloaded Komplete Kontrol in Native Access, it only appeared with the DEMO button. Same goes for Noire which I just installed.

Here you can see that it says Kontakt 7 on the app, but Kontakt Player as it's opened.

Maybe I'm confusing things, but even then I wonder why it says Demo in something I bought the license for.

• Frahel

I'm so sorry, I feel like an idiot. I didn't see the obvious. As I'm new to NI - and to all of this - I thought the software products were registered along with my hardware. Obviously I still had to register the serials. The demo-sign is gone and Kontakt 7 is shown as Kontakt within the app.

Thank you for taking your time and please forgive my ignorance. I am smarter now.

• Jeremy_NI

@Frahel You don't have to be sorry, it's all good, we all get to learn and have to start somewhere.

• BenD
    BenD Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI I have a similar issue, but I don't have any NI hardware. Purchased Komplete Standard 14 but only Kontakt 7 Player shows up in Native Access. I've got Kontakt 7 Player in standalone and in my DAW. I uninstalled and reinstalled Native Access. The only serial number I see in my account is for Komplete 14. Can you help with this?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@BenD I believe you are victim of this bug here, you can find the solution there:

Re: Only Kontakt 7 Player / Reaktor 6 Player shows up in Native Access

I'm actually cloing this thread, now the bug/issue has been identified.

This discussion has been closed.