Cubase Pro 12 crossgrade $216 until tomorrow March 28th

ProfessorChaos
ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor
edited March 2023 in Tech Talks

I remember checking not long ago how much Cubase Pro 12 was, and it was like $600 or so. There are so many tutorials on YouTube using Cubase, and it's one of the most used DAWs, but $600 was a bit steep for me.

But I was watching one of Ashton Gleckman's tutorials and he gives the MIDI file but also the Cubase project for free, so it occurred to me to check the price for Cubase again, and the crossgrade from pretty much every DAW out there is just $216, which is hard to pass.

So just thought some people here might want to know, but was from March 1st to the 28th, which is tomorrow. You don't get it right away, you have to submit proof of purchase, like a screenshot that shows you own it, or even the email you were sent when you bought whatever your DAW is. It says it takes a couple of days. So we'll see, but it's directly from them, not some sketchy website, just look it up.

Now, if it crashes on you or something don't give me any s**t. I don't even know the thing, but if Hans Zimmer uses it as his main DAW, it can't be that bad, right? 🤣

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Been using Cubase for a lot of years - its the best - but for $100 bucks I have to take a closer look at Studio One Artist. Two reasons...Mathias Juwan and Wolfgang Kundrus.

I always figure Kristal was the inpiration for names like Reaktor and Kontakt. I wonder.

• SupaReels
    SupaReels Member Posts: 25 Member

I use Cubase 12 pro, I have used S/one and many others over my years of producing music. They are, lets face it, down to cost and freebies ... that is initially..... and then you try others and you can't get on with them because you've always been using your favorite (and that song has to be written) ... so you go back to the one that works for you .. NI works outside the box ( mostly ) so what ever fills your creative edge and works then that's the best .... IMO ... NI is most probably (if not now, it will be) the thing you reach for every time. FTR I have the S88 mk2 and it performs as it should with my choice of DAW ...

• Steven L Smith
    Steven L Smith Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2023

nice deal for Cubase 12..

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,003 Guru

I started with Steinberg Twelve on Atari ST back in the 80s, then Pro 24, then Cubase.

Cubase Audio on an Atari Falcon in 1993 (initially 8 tracks of digital audio recording, later 16 tracks).

Switched to Windows after that, to get the colour (although the Atari SM124 monitor was pin sharp) and progressed through all the different Cubase versions over the years.

I use Ableton Live more these days, if I use a DAW, but still have Cubase installed if it's required.

• djdonjulio
    djdonjulio Member Posts: 3 Member

I run it on Ableton live, the Maschine Jam works great, I also run the maschine software as plug-in or with link to sync with ableton.

• Thomas Brown
    Thomas Brown Member Posts: 2 Member

I absolutely love LogicPro X. Everything in NI works flawlessly, as well as my 3rd party plugins. It’s great to be able to have an idea while on the run and start something on my iPhone or iPad in GarageBand. And because everything syncs to iCloud, it’s there waiting for me on my MacBook Pro or iMac to open it in LogicProX. Ok, so I may have to open it in GarageBand first on my MacBook or iMac and then save it to make it compatible with logic, but that takes about 30 seconds. And, GarageBand comes free with all my devices. The big drawback for those considering LogicPro X. It’s not the price for Logic which comes in at $199.00. It’s that an iMac or MacBook are fairly expensive .

• Thomas Brown
    Thomas Brown Member Posts: 2 Member

I absolutely love LogicPro X. Everything in NI works flawlessly, as well as my 3rd party plugins. It’s great to be able to have an idea while on the run and start something on my iPhone or iPad in GarageBand. And because everything syncs to iCloud, it’s there waiting for me on my MacBook Pro or iMac to open it in LogicProX. Ok, so I may have to open it in GarageBand first on my MacBook or iMac and then save it to make it compatible with logic, but that takes about 30 seconds. And, GarageBand comes free with all my devices. The big drawback for those considering LogicPro X. It’s not the price for Logic which comes in at $199.00. It’s that an iMac or MacBook are fairly expensive .