Native Access doesn't want to let me mix :(

Drustan
Drustan Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Native Access

Hello everyone,

I just changed my pc. I did my back up, transferred my data. Everything is back as before but I can only do the Traktor demo.

I have already talked with somebody on the website and the problem is!! the new Native Access version..

He told me to install an older version so I did, but at the end of the installasion a message says: "unable to start the NTK Deamon. Please restart Native Access". After trying again it tells that a new version of NTK Deamon was found, tells me to install it, and tells me bye bye!!...

Please help... :(

Tagged:

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yeah this is an issue they need to really fix as it affects NA every time you wanna install and update. The issue is it downloads the daemon utility to the Program Files folder which it then does not have privilege to launch so it fails. Really should be downloading to ProgramData which is what that directory is for.

Fix is to manually launch that file yourself first. This thread has info about it:

Basiclaly, download the NTK Daemon band install that first then run the installer in admin mode. Hopefully that fixes the issue, if not maybe add your voice to that thread and maybe just post what version of Windows you are on (good idea to update that info into your profile for faster help).

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @Drustan

Activation issues can occur when migrating your system, as the old activation tokens do not match the system ID of your new system, so the activation fails.

When moving to a new system, all applications and plugins will need to be installed from scratch on your new system. Migrating libraries is fine, so long as these steps are followed: Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries

Regarding the issue you are having with Native Access -

Which OS are you running exactly?

Which version of Native Access have you downloaded exactly, or was this also migrated from your old system?

He told me to install an older version so I did, but at the end of the installasion a message says: "unable to start the NTK Deamon.

Who told you to install an older version?

I can see that you have 2 tickets open with us, that are still pending reply. I do not see any correspondence where anyone told you to install an older version.

The advice from @JesterMgee is indeed correct - please download the NTKDaemon and run the installation manually, as admin.

Also, please ensure you are running the latest version of Native Access:

Please let us know if this resolved the issue so that we can also note this in your open tickets.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yeah this is an issue they need to really fix as it affects NA every time you wanna install and update. The issue is it downloads the daemon utility to the Program Files folder which it then does not have privilege to launch so it fails. Really should be downloading to ProgramData which is what that directory is for.

Fix is to manually launch that file yourself first. This thread has info about it:

Basiclaly, download the NTK Daemon band install that first then run the installer in admin mode. Hopefully that fixes the issue, if not maybe add your voice to that thread and maybe just post what version of Windows you are on (good idea to update that info into your profile for faster help).

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @Drustan

Activation issues can occur when migrating your system, as the old activation tokens do not match the system ID of your new system, so the activation fails.

When moving to a new system, all applications and plugins will need to be installed from scratch on your new system. Migrating libraries is fine, so long as these steps are followed: Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries

Regarding the issue you are having with Native Access -

Which OS are you running exactly?

Which version of Native Access have you downloaded exactly, or was this also migrated from your old system?

He told me to install an older version so I did, but at the end of the installasion a message says: "unable to start the NTK Deamon.

Who told you to install an older version?

I can see that you have 2 tickets open with us, that are still pending reply. I do not see any correspondence where anyone told you to install an older version.

The advice from @JesterMgee is indeed correct - please download the NTKDaemon and run the installation manually, as admin.

Also, please ensure you are running the latest version of Native Access:

Please let us know if this resolved the issue so that we can also note this in your open tickets.