Komplete AUDIO 6 MK1 Soundcard Issues - Background noise

oliebisc
oliebisc Member Posts: 4 Member

Since I built a new PC and installed the Native Instruments Komplete AUDIO 6 MK1 USB Device on it, I have been experiencing certain problems.

I don't have sound dropouts but I have some background noise on the speakers. The noise is not white noise but a sinusoidal sound that sounds like it went through some bitcrushers.

The problem only occurs with the new PC. When I connect the sound card to the old one everything works fine.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I have installed all drivers and firmware updates.

My Windows PC (Windows 10) is up to date. All hardware drivers have been updated.

I have already changed the USB cable of the sound card, the cables leading to the studio monitors as well. No improvement. I don't know what to do.

What else I noticed is that when the computer is calculating something or I am working in the browser, the sound changes. I recorded it once and made it available in the DropBox link below. Maybe it will help.

Does anyone have a question that might help me or an idea what it could be?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a4yq5ilamrzmch/230426_0077.wav?dl=0

Best Answer

• oliebisc
    Answer ✓

I solved my problem. After realizing that the distortion disappears when I put the plug of the monitors intro another socket outside of my room a friend told me to buy a line isolator. So I bought a line isolation from Palmer and problem solved. Expensive but effective.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

It could be some kind of ground noise coming from the electricity system.

This would explain also the sound changes. The computer calculating use more electricity, so makes the sound fluctuate.

Is the audio interface plugged in the same socket like before?

• oliebisc

Yes. Its the same socket as before... Changed the USB slots as well. No change. :(

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Usb ports of the new computer sending different amount of power?

• oliebisc

I am not sure how to check this. Is there another way than buying an ampere measuring device?

• oliebisc
    Answer ✓

I solved my problem. After realizing that the distortion disappears when I put the plug of the monitors intro another socket outside of my room a friend told me to buy a line isolator. So I bought a line isolation from Palmer and problem solved. Expensive but effective.