FYI: something goes wrong between Form and Decoded Forms

Murat Kayi
Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
edited April 2023 in Native Access

Hi,

recently I realized that Form (Reaktor instrument) was no longer functional. I checked in Native Access 1 and it said that its installation path was in [DRIVE\Audiodirectory]\DecodedForms which is of course both nonsense and not true.

I think I installed DecodedForms after Form, but never made any manual changes during installation or thereafter.

I reinstalled Form and now it is running, but now it STILL says it is installed in DecodedForms which is still nonsense.

So, what is going on? It seems DecodedForms is breaking the Form installation or something...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Murat Kayi
    Answer ✓

Seems to be gone now. I was gone for a few days and today NA2 installed updates for itself and now, everything shows correctly...

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

FORM works here. BTW what is Decoded Forms?

• Murat Kayi

Decided Forms is a NI expansion, and I think Native Access messes up its own Form installation when installing Decoded Forms

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Murat Kayi When installed by default, the ensemble will be installed in the Form folder and has nothing to do with Decoded Forms. Maybe it was an accidental move of file?

Best here might be to uninstall Form and reinstall it, after checking the install paths in Native Access.

• Murat Kayi

All of my purchases are stored in a custom directory set in Prefs

I bought Form first

Decoded Forms later

After installation I moved neither of them

Form (I realized by happenstance) stopped working (wouldn't load)

NativeAccess (2) said it was installed in [customdir]/DecodedForms which was not the case (why should it be)

I reinstalled Form

Now, it worked again, but still Native Access says it is installed in DecodedForms which still is not true.

I think it is a bit too much of a coincidence that the string of characters "form" is in both products and I assume something or other is happening under the hood which makes NA2 confused as to the whereabouts of said products

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

“Joke disclaimer”

I would fill a support request FORM for this case. You’ll find the answer in [DRIVE\Audiodirectory]\DecodedForms

😂😂😂

• Murat Kayi

I will relocate to Formentera anytime, now

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited April 2023

@Murat Kayi Can you share screenshots of the path shown in Native Access and a screenshot of what's inside the Form and Decoded Froms folders?

You can also upload pictures of Formentera ;)

• Murat Kayi
    Answer ✓

Seems to be gone now. I was gone for a few days and today NA2 installed updates for itself and now, everything shows correctly...