More categories for filtering

UdoBehm
UdoBehm Member Posts: 73 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Good day,

could you please add filtering categories for non-arpeggiated and non-monophonic sounds? I desperately am missing them for finding suiting instruments (much) quicker...

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited April 2023

Something requested for a while, the option to "Exclude" a tag from results would be great and the main reason I use a dedicated "Arp / Sequence" tag in the libraries I create because, when searching for a Bass sound for example I want just Bass sounds, not Arp bass so makes more sense to move the arp sounds as a dedicated category (like almost every synth browser does anyway) and assign sub tags such as "Bass" then characters. Arp shouldn't be a character as it makes it impossible to select "Bright Arp Bass" or "Dirty Arp Bass" unless Arp is a dedicated type or there is the ability to build proper tag filtering using AND/OR/NOT filters

I've given up hope tho on anything like that and have completely stopped requesting or suggesting anything now just because the track record for features suggested by users that have actually been included are almost 0% so it is very clear that user suggestions are not all that important.

• UdoBehm

As for me I would be satisfied if there were a non-arpeggiated and a polyphonic category.

These two combined I could filter out all the sounds I don't want...

• JesterMgee

Except it would only work if every NKS file was retagged.

• UdoBehm

Yes. That's what I keep on hoping NI will do 😎✌️

• JesterMgee

But, would need ALL developers who make NKS to also add this too.

If it was possible to add "not" conditions for tags you could easily just add "Not Arp" and that would need no retagging of anything. Either way, would certainly be nice to have a way to drill down a bit more

• UdoBehm

Yes, you are right... For me either way would work...