Guitar Rig Fails To Load With Logic

mindovina
mindovina Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hey there,

Whenever I start Logic, it seems to fail to load Guitar Rig 6. Any idea why this could be happening? I've attached a screenshot of the error I get .

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

According to the error message, this time it could be something by Apple and not NI.

Does GR have problems in standalone? Or with some other DAW?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

It loads for me - have you tried running auvalidation on it individually in plugin manager?

• mindovina

Just tried it with standalone and it gives me another error message saying it quit unexpectedly. I also tried loading it in Pro Tools and it also crashed.

Just tried this too and it crashed the validation

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

That's odd - what is your system? Mine is a M1 Max Mac Studio on Ventura and I haven't had a crash with it in Logic or any host for that matter since the earliest betas so there must be something specific that is different for yours

• mindovina

Mine is an M1 Mac Mini on Big Sur

• Kymeia

Rosetta or Native?

• Kymeia

I suggest getting a crashlog and also a report from the auvalidation tool (just copy paste into a text file) then sending it to NI support (don't post here) - our systems are pretty similar but there must be something different and a detailed crash report will help narrow it down

• mindovina

It's opening in Native

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Same here - not sure what else to suggest other than contacting support as per my last post. They need to look at this in more detail.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

If Guitar Rig crashes in standalone, please follow the steps of this article: GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

For your DAWs make sure to give Full Disk Access to Logic and ProTools: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS