Maschine MK3 as Plugin Wont upload all sounds

Mathijs
Mathijs Member Posts: 12 Newcomer

Hi a maschine noob here...

When I'm using Maschine MK3 in standalone I can load up all sounds and instruments etc. When I'm using it as a plugin in Ableton I can't load up all the sounds and instruments etc. Some of them work some don't.

What I'm I seeing/doing wrong?

TNX!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

It should load exactly the same instruments/groups/… as in the standalone version.

What exactly doesn’t work?

• Mathijs

TNX for your response!

In the sounds section everything works.

In the instruments section only "Maschine" works.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Maybe I’m understanding what you are saying 😂

You are talking about Ableton browser, not Maschine’s one.

it is correct you see there only Maschine, since the other instruments are not VSTs that can be seen “standalone” in Ableton. You need a “wrapper” for them. (Don’t worry, it’s easy once you understand😉)

To access them (if you have only Maschine software) you have to open the Maschine plug-in inside Ableton, and once inside the Maschine program opened in Ableton, you select the various instruments from Maschine own browser (like you would do in standalone version).

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

There are 2 other possibilities to open your NI instruments: Komplete Kontrol (a free NI program that is a wrapper for all their plugins) or Kontakt (paid) which is the sampler with whom all NI instruments libraries are made

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

My suggestion: if you want to only play the instruments inside of Ableton, using its pianoroll ecc ecc, open them with Komplete Kontrol. One instance on every track for every instrument you want to use. If you want to use the Maschine program inside of Ableton (its pianoroll, the different groups inside Maschine, ecc ecc) obviously open Maschine plugin inside of Ableton. In this case, the various instruments will all be on a single track in Ableton (you’ll have the possibility then to route every sound/instrument in different tracks in Ableton anyway, but since you call yourself “Maschine noob” maybe it’s a little too soon for this ☺️. Better starting by learning Maschine and then later move to the more complex things 😉). In any case you can find many tutorials on YT for this

• Mathijs

TNX again!

But no haha! Im using maschine as a plug in and browsing inside maschine...

The sounds section works fine but the instrument section does not.

I tried komplete control as a plug in and can use the sounds but not via Maschine.

I wont deny im a noob but been working in ableton for years and maschine half a year, I thought it was time to combine the two. Works pretty nice but im missing the instruments I use on Maschine standalone : (

• LostInFoundation

So…it is even more strange, because the first thing I would tell you is to first open Maschine in standalone to let it build the library ( a necessary step). But you say you are already using Maschine in standalone

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Last possibility: in the instruments you say you see only Maschine. Can you at least see all its presets? Otherwise, if you have few (which could be the ones you saved) it could be possible that you are under the user tab and there you have only Maschine instrument cause you just saved those.

• Mathijs

Yes I Can see and hear the presets...

Could it have to do anything with preferences in Ableton or where I have located the instruments. (Although they are on the same location as the sounds.) In the preference menu of ableton I set "use VST2 Plug-in Custom folder" on and browsed the right location, had hopes this was it but no..

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

No, Ableton has nothing to do with this. You are inside Maschine.

Did you check if you are in the user tab as I suggested in the last post photo?

• LostInFoundation

Can you post an image of the browser without Maschine selected (leave “All instruments”)?

• Mathijs

Yes checked that out too, Im not under the user tab.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Oh…ok…so you can see the instruments, but they don’t load.

What does Native Access states about them? Installed or something like repair or locate? (But since you say in Maschine standalone and in KK inside Ableton they work, they should be installed correctly)

Can you see the list of presets of a specific instrument when you select it?

Does it give you any message when they don’t load?

Did you check the library and plug-ins tab in the preferences of Maschine when loaded as a plug in?

• Mathijs

Yes I can see the presets

It says "Error Massive/Monark/.. could not be loaded

• Mathijs