Were can i find boxed versions for komplete14 collecters edition?

Da Fred
Da Fred Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

i always preferred my software to arrive in a HD version, where can i find these boxed versions?

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, there is no boxed version for Komplete 14 Bundles, just downloads. :-(

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, there is no boxed version for Komplete 14 Bundles, just downloads. :-(

• Da Fred

Thanx for the answer.....Now officially i hate NI

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

"two minutes hate"... take it up with the Ministry of Love. 👮‍♂️

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Wait to see in what a mess is lately the program to access downloads 😂

• Da Fred

Two minutes? yeah right...... First... I have been searching for hours to find these boxed versions. Not even the FAQ couldn't help me...

second: I let someone install it for me, now this means i'll have to give him my inlogname + passwords, i don't like that at all... I rather give him a HD. I hate to come up with new Passwords after he is finished.

Third: it's about 1 TB i have to download, not a couple of hours, but days...

But now i think i don't want the collecters edition anymore, i update my Ultimate version instead...If they make it so hard for me, i don't want it anymore.. Shame... they could have made more money.. Guess they have enough. :(

• Kubrak

You do not have give him your credentials. It is already at NA on your computer. But yes, download takes time. But if you Upgrade from Ultimate it would not be 1TB, just new plugins would be downloaded.

• Da Fred

No...I have a new computer now, because cubase 9 said i could not use Kontakt anymore. (f*ckin updates).. I was still on windows 7 (which they told me wasn't updating anymore, no more support, but still), because i did not like the new windows 8 and higher, to much irritation where everything was gone to.

So i have to download it all, first buy the new version 12 of cubase.

I thought why not upgrade NI komplte ultimate as well. Big mistake to think i could buy a HD with all the updates etc.

Now you say it only downloads new plugins.. meaning i have to place all the old software i have on my NI harddisk on my new PC, update everything again, download also the rest of the upgrade, on a downloadsite that doesn't work propery according to "LostInFoundation". Great prospect...NOT...

• Kubrak

It is up to you....

You could install your Komplete Ultimate from disc and download only new versions and new plugins. So, the download would not be so big....

I agree with you that not offering installation disc at least for Ultimate and Ultimate CE is not good decision....

I do not have any problems with NA2 or downloads. So, the problems are computer or OS specific. And downloads may be region specific.... I am on Win10 and in Europe.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Now you say it only downloads new plugins.. meaning i have to place all the old software i have on my NI harddisk on my new PC, update everything again, download also the rest of the upgrade, on a downloadsite that doesn't work propery according to "LostInFoundation". Great prospect...NOT...

Native Access works just fine (WIn10/11 and Intel MacOS from my experience), there may be some things they still need to iron out and features we are still waiting for (as always), I did have some issues updating NA versions but support is pretty good around these issues while they work on addressing that issue but it is perfectly capable of managing your products and downloading software. No issues here with download/install so I wouldn't stress over that point too much.

Even with the HDD version installer you still need to install, then activate, then update the content so would still need a login credential and internet access. At least Native Access is all automated to download, install and activate everything so just cue up the updates and leave it running overnight.

I too would also prefer to have a physical copy but that is more a materialistic thing I think we are use to, having something physical to place on the shelf to remind of us of our investment but TBH, I have a boxed Komplete 8/9/10 on my shelf which I have not touched since I installed them originally so just wasted materials now.

Just have to accept that using a computer for things will mean you have to roll with the updates to that tech. Almost all softwrae these days is a digital copy, hell even games are hard to get a physical copy sometimes.