Maschine+ with Behringer Td3 low volume

Maschine+ Mx
Maschine+ Mx Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello, I connected my Maschine+ with a Behringer Td3 via Midi everything was excellent, the problem I have is when I connect the Td3 to its output with Line 1 of my Maschine+, the volume is quite low, I tried with Line 2 and the same thing happens, the InputGain of my Maschine+ is almost at maximum, and the volume of my Behringer Td3 is at maximum, it had never happened to me with other synthesizers, I already tried with two different cables and the volume is still the same , not high volume. Do you think it is a problem with my Maschine+ with Line 1 and Line 2?

help please and thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

..but then you'll be also raising the noise floor.. Ideally, you should be at least getting peaks close to -18dBFS on the input meters. My recommendation is to use an external audio interface or a small mixer for getting better levels into the M+ to begin with.

Low input/output levels is quite common with today's prosumer tier audio products relying on USB Bus power.. you need them amps to create solid dBU figures!

Answers

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

My TD3 has a low output, too.

You could look for a decent preamp and do propper gain staging.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Just answered to a similar question a moment ago:

Volume on inputs of NI integrated audio interfaces has always been a bit quiet. It is like this also on the MK3. You can always normalize the recorded audio later, as a workaround

• tetsuneko
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

..but then you'll be also raising the noise floor.. Ideally, you should be at least getting peaks close to -18dBFS on the input meters. My recommendation is to use an external audio interface or a small mixer for getting better levels into the M+ to begin with.

Low input/output levels is quite common with today's prosumer tier audio products relying on USB Bus power.. you need them amps to create solid dBU figures!

• LostInFoundation

Yes, a workaround will never be as having the things done good by design. But the input of Maschines has always been like that. Another example of how NI listen to their users. Everybody telling them the input of MK3 was too low didn’t stop them from making a new hardware…with the same issue…

• tetsuneko

I always use an external audio interface when sampling into my M+ nowadays. I originally got it because M+ had no way to deal with mics requiring phantom power, but have found it an improvement even when sampling line level gear

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Agree…but…buying a standalone unit with integrated audio interface and then having to use it not so “standalone” because it needs things connected to it to accomplish what it should do by itself is such a pity