live music computer has no internet. Will I be able to download and use Kontakt 7 full?

SPQR
SPQR Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

My live music computer has never been allowed to connect to the internet. It has been running fine this way for years, even through rebuilds. I am looking at investing in Kontakt7 full. I see it is largely browser based. Will that prevent me from using this program effectively, or at all!? Thanks Future

Windows 10 Pro with i7 processor.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

You cannot use any paid NI SW without connecting computer to internet (for a while). Programs need to be authentized and it is possible only when connected to internet. After that you do not need internet connection.

But, you might use Kontakt 7 Player, that is free and I think (I am not sure) it does not need internet connection (on given computer). Of course one needs internet connection to download the installer, but you may do it on other computer.

And concerning Kontakt Libraries.... Maybe there some for which you do not need internet on target computer, but I am not sure....

Maybe, that NI will implement offline authentisation again, one day... Otherwise your possibilities would be very limited.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

You cannot use any paid NI SW without connecting computer to internet (for a while). Programs need to be authentized and it is possible only when connected to internet. After that you do not need internet connection.

But, you might use Kontakt 7 Player, that is free and I think (I am not sure) it does not need internet connection (on given computer). Of course one needs internet connection to download the installer, but you may do it on other computer.

And concerning Kontakt Libraries.... Maybe there some for which you do not need internet on target computer, but I am not sure....

Maybe, that NI will implement offline authentisation again, one day... Otherwise your possibilities would be very limited.

• SPQR
    SPQR Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks Kubrak, I thought it might be like that. I can see problems on a performance where the program wants to authenticate the library and it can't cos it's offline.

• Kubrak

@SPQR

No, authentisation is done just once (and you need internet for that), after that no need for internet anymore.

Absolutely no problem during live performance, if no internet. Internet is not needed, computer has all info.