Traktor Pro 3: Deck-Focus didn´t change the letter (A-D) to orange? o.O

The Sarge
The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

hi there

next "problem" compared to manual: there stands that the focused deck will change the Deck-letter (A-D) to orange (p.20 in german version, vice-versa in english, too, I think)

neither I know how to configure it as focus (think that the active playing is the focused one) nor see I the change the letter-color from white to orange at any deck at any situation 🤷‍♂️

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

If you have an S4Mk1/2 connected and you set Hardware in preferences, you will get (on both sides) UpperDeck (Blue) or LowerDeck (White):

If you have it set to Software, then you get a single deck in orange, which one depends on this assignment you can include in any of your mappings:

If you set it to None or to Hardware without an S4Mk1/2 connected, you will get no colour at all.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> Global Settings.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I do not have S4, but focused probably means what deck each side part of controller controls. Each of them controls two decks and one has to switch/focus between them. You will do it using Deck Select buttons in each side section.

• Stevan

I'd check if Focus is on "Hardware" setting. If so, sfitch back to "software".

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

If you have an S4Mk1/2 connected and you set Hardware in preferences, you will get (on both sides) UpperDeck (Blue) or LowerDeck (White):

If you have it set to Software, then you get a single deck in orange, which one depends on this assignment you can include in any of your mappings:

If you set it to None or to Hardware without an S4Mk1/2 connected, you will get no colour at all.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> Global Settings.

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper
    edited April 2023

thanks @Stevan and @Sûlherokhh , that was the failure by me: I used the last days only the software (without S4) cause I only wanted to learn TraktorPro3 and sorting tracks, so I let the S4Mk3-controller off 😔

shows again, how good & helpful the Traktor-community is here at the forum 👍️