Maschine 2.0, Prism no sound.

PortableDJs
PortableDJs Member Posts: 27 Member

Hi!

Yesterday I tried to use (for the first time) some Prism presets in the FX tab at the left within the Maschine software: I have no preview sound, and no sound even when loading any preset on a pad. I also have no sound in Prism when "manually" loading it as a VST through a player. I also tried to reinstall it through the Native app but this particular synth seems to be silent. I do not have any error message on screen.

Best Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

FX presets don't have audio previews. You have to first load a sound (try a melodic or drum loop for example) then add an FX preset to the second slot in the chain, then trigger the sound. Only then can you hear the end result.

Hope that helps.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    Answer ✓

As Peter Harris said. When you load Prism in the FX tab, you are loading the FX aspect of it, so it’s normal that without any kind of audio going in, an FX won’t produce any sound

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

FX presets don't have audio previews. You have to first load a sound (try a melodic or drum loop for example) then add an FX preset to the second slot in the chain, then trigger the sound. Only then can you hear the end result.

Hope that helps.

• PortableDJs
    PortableDJs Member Posts: 27 Member

Thanks, I ll try that

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    Answer ✓

As Peter Harris said. When you load Prism in the FX tab, you are loading the FX aspect of it, so it’s normal that without any kind of audio going in, an FX won’t produce any sound