Native Access 3.3.1 won't install, can't remove old NTKDaemon

James Thornton
James Thornton Member Posts: 20 Member

Native Access 3.3.1 won't install because if fails trying to install the NTKDaemon 1.11.0 saying it can't uninstall the old version and tells me to uninstall the old version from Windows. I tried that but if fails too and now the NTKDaemon doesn't even show up in the apps and features to try again, but I can see the old Daemon (1.1.0.96) is still running in the Task Manager. (Yes, I tried rebooting ;>)

The only reason I'm trying to install the new version of Native Access is because the Reaktor 3.5 upgrade doesn't show up on Native Access 1.14.1. I don't have any subscriptions so I wouldn't need the new version otherwise.

Help...

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Can you kill the NKTDaemon process in Task Manager, then delete it and go from there?

• James Thornton

I disabled it at startup so it wasn't running, but it still won't install the new version.

• James Thornton

The installler log for 1.1.0.96 setup is dated 3/9/22, so it's not that old a version.

• Yuusou
    Yuusou Member Posts: 6 Member

The problem is the NTKDaemon 1.11.0 setup. I removed basically every trace of the NTK Daemon on my Windows 10 system, be it folders and registry entries. However, installation still fails. The daemon is also not running. It seems like some check is wrong regarding the previous version.

• James Thornton

Thanks for the info. I was going to go looking for registry entries to delete, but now I won't bother. Did you ever figure out any way to get the new NTKDaemon software to install?

• Yuusou

Nope. All I tried was installing the old Native Access application, which still works fine. But you have to uninstall the new Native Access 2, or it won't work properly. Let's see if someone from Native Instruments will check this thread tomorrow.

• HWZ
    HWZ Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2023

I have the same problems under Win11 Home / Surface 8 pro;

the installation routine hangs, an installation package is created on the viritual DVD drive that you have to install manually and then - afterwards - terminate all active native access tasks manually in the task manager.

Then start Nativ Access again and install the next package exactly the same way.

Being a customer of NI is really not easy...

• James Thornton

Yes, that's what I did. Killed the hung Native Access 2 install, cleaned up, and reinstalled the old version. I also tried just running the installer for the new NTKDeamon by itself and that failed too.

• James Thornton

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying. I know that when Native Access adds or updates your applications it downloads installers for each package in your downloads folder which it deletes when it's done, but does the Native Access 3.3.1 installer application itself create "subinstallers" somewhere (and if so where) that you can run separately? In particular does it create an installer that just installs the new Native Access without the NTKDaemon installer that fails?

• Yuusou

Yep, we were running the same steps. What HWZ may refer to is another issue, where the installation itself hangs for Native Access, not for the NTK Daemon.

If NI doesn't catch up on this topic today, I will raise a support ticket and keep you updated.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @James Thornton

It sounds like we will need to take a closer look at your system.

Please submit a ticket via the following form: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

We will then reach out to you directly to troubleshoot the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

• James Thornton

Done.

I was going to enter more info, but when I hit CR to try and start a new paragraph, the web page went to the next question. Anyway Native Access 1 runs fine on my system. It just didn't see the new Reaktor update. (I eventually managed to get it by installing Native Access 3.3.1 on my laptop and then copying the installer to my desktop, which is my music computer.)

• qfella
    qfella Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

As of 04/25/23 Native Access 3.3.1 still complains it can't uninstall Mr. Daemon. Umm sikk of this dude already. I wanna go upside his head right now. Gitt yo $h!t togetha dude. Komplete 14 Ultimate Collectors Edition. Yo Daemon! Stop fartn around witt my munny dude!

• James Thornton

Sorry to hear you're having the problem too.

If you go back to the old version of Native Access, Komplete 14 installs fine. It just won't update to the latest version of Reaktor.