Reaktor cables not working in Windows 11

timmytimkins
timmytimkins Member Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2023 in Reaktor

I just upgraded to Windows 11 and the cables aren't working as expected in Reaktor 6.5.

The connecting cable end is aligned at another location on the screen instead of under the mouse pointer.

I found that Reaktor isn't aware of the scaling settings in Windows 11. I have a 4k screen and scale windows to read the text. If I remove scaling in Win11 then the cables work as expected, but with any scaling applied then the Reaktor cables will not work. I've never had any issues with Windows 10 with scaling in Reaktor. However I did have a cable scaling issue under Windows 10 with an Unfiltered audio instrument last year and Unfiltered Audio support fixed the issue. This happens in Reaper, Cubase 12 pro, Reason 12 and VCV etc, so it seems to be a Reaktor/Windows 11 issue.

Is anyone else having this issue under Windows 11?

(I included a screenshot. The red arrow is where my mouse pointer is when I try to connect a cable

.)

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited April 2023

It isn't R6.5 - in OS win10pro the cables are shown

I don't use scaling. My 22" screen isn't fit for that. Without scaling I can read every text in R6.5.

Scaling make text unreadable.

• timmytimkins

Thanks Paule,

The text isn't the problem for me, it's the end of the cable when I try to connect it. The connecting end isn't attached to my mouse.

• Paule
    edited April 2023

Reaktor isn't scalable, so Blocks don't work right with your scaling screen - IMHO.

If it's a bug please open a ticket at support.

• timmytimkins

Thanks Paule,

Yes correct, Reaktor isn't scalable and the cables work in Win10 with scaling, but the cables don't work as expected in Win11. I'll open a ticket with support to see if they can help.

• Paule
    edited April 2023

I'll open a ticket with support to see if they can help.

The beta test to R6.5 is closed in this forum. So you can't write there.

Do you own a win10 machine to test if there is a bug in R6.5 or is it a setting in win11?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

For bug reports, please contact my colleagues here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Reaktor