Major issues with Komplete 13 + Kontakt Player 6 & 7

nokontakt
nokontakt Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Bought Komplete 13 about 2 years ago & it has been a nightmare ever since. Native Instruments have been useless & other than cut & paste replies, have never tried to remedy these issues. Biggest pain points:

• Session Strings 2 - every time you try to edit the sounds and humanize it, it doesn't work. It is the only software to cause CPU spikes and takes forever to loads plugins and presets.
  • When I use synths like Monark & save an Ableton project, when I re-open the project, the synth preset has been deleted and there is no audio coming from Kontakt.
  • Why are there 2 plugins (Kontakt & Komplete Kontrol)? And why does Komplete Kontrol show the plugins on Kontakt but when you double click them, it says something like "cannot open, use Kontakt". Crazy system & massively infuriating when surely you should just have everything under one parent plugin.

Can anyone help or connect me to a director/CTO at Native Instruments to get this fixed? To pay a massive amount of money & get such poor software is just not fair to the music production community. Due to the significant time I have wasted, clients that have effected and pure frustration caused, the plugins should be free.

Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

Komplete Kontrol is largely for integration with their midi keyboards.

I can’t say I’ve had any issues with Kontakt 7 or 6 before that in Ableton Live 11 (or 10 that I recall). Monark (via Reaktor) just got updated to 6.5 I think for Vst3 / Apple Native support. Session Strings I’ve only used a couple times and seemed to work but I didn’t mess with the humanize function - I tend to use other string libraries.

Some system information might help people point you in the right direction. OS, specs, what version of Live for starters. Where are your libraries stored? SSDs are generally recommended though shouldn’t be required.

I did just open up Komplete 2.9.1 and loaded up a few different patches in Session Strings 2 and Monark without issue.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

First curiosity: why if you have Komplete 13 you use Kontakt 6 player? You have the full version included in 13.

About Kontakt vs KK: they are not offering the same functionalities. Kontakt is a very deep sampler, mainly thought to build own instruments (I know majority of people use it only to load Kontakt made instruments, but this isn’t his purpose). Komplete Kontrol on the other hand is a “wrapper” for all the NI plugins, made to open an instrument and play it (and not only with their keyboards).

Think about them this way: if you want to open an instrument and modify it (or build a new one from scratch), open Kontakt. If you just want to play an instrument, maybe adding fx and what else, open KK (being it standalone for practicing or inside a DAW to use NI products in another environment)

About the “Cannot open. Use Kontakt”, I never seen this

Hope this helps wrapping up your mind about those 2 (different) programs

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @nokontakt for "And why does Komplete Kontrol show the plugins on Kontakt but when you double click them, it says something like "cannot open, use Kontakt".

Does the error message says The plugin could not be loaded? If so, when there's a new version of Kontakt installed, you need to open the standalone version first, before using it in KK. But you probably tried this already?

• nokontakt
    edited April 2023

Just updated to dark theme Native Access, deleted everything & starting all over again. Tried to reinstall plugins & libraries on D: drive & constantly getting the "Repair" alert even though I carefully followed install locations on NI website. So far I've only had AI replies from NI which have been no help. Anyone have any human connections who can call me & help me fix this fast?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

Did I already say how much I LOOOOVE new Native Access?😏

What happens if you click on the repair buttons and try to relocate the libraries pointing them at their installation folders?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @nokontakt Sorry to hear your bad experiences. I see that you are in contact with one of our support agents again. Checking your previous tickets, i see that sometimes communication stopped from your side and you didn't send the result of our support tool. I definitely understand the frustration but keep in mind my colleagues are trying to help and if they are asking for those files, it is to assist you in fixing the issues you are experiencing.

• nokontakt

managed to do the re-download of native access & put them in correct directories but now almost every project gives me these error messages where the instrument AND patch cannot be restored! total nightmare especially as i have urgent work to complete. will contact NI again to see if they can help but can anyone in forum help?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

You're in contact with our support agents, hopefully they find the solution to your issues.