NKS User Library

Comments

• djdarkness
    djdarkness Member Posts: 8 Member

Fantastic s_aizawa! Thanks for these!

• Jericho528
    Jericho528 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello. I was wondering if someone would be interested in making the factory presets for valhalla vintage verb. Thanks.

• Jericho528

Seriously awesome thank you. @Solncev_

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2022

Hey guys,

I wanted to know where to find the UPID for any VST. Someone in the old forum mentions a product list pdf, but I guess there must be an easier way to detect the UPID of each plugin. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found the answer in the old forum answered by @JesterMgee which you can find here.

"If it is the UPID name you can find this by saving a NKS preset within Komplete Kontrol then opening it with a text editor."

• Nozama
    Nozama Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi s_aizawa. Thank you for sharing nks!!

How long did it take to make such a lot of nks files?

Are there any automated ways or did you make them one by one?

I'm just curious.

• Jericho528

Hi. Would someone be willing to make presets for surge?

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 412 Pro

The previous VST2 version has a user library created for it, but the switch to VST3 makes this difficult unless you're using VST3Shell or something similar.

Added to this, the VST2 was readable by PresetMagician, which is incredibly handy when the parser works to pull in presets and tags to make life easier. This was possible on the VST2, but not the VST3.

There are lots of presets, so this would be a long and arduous task, for the very few people who use a shell for VST3 - hence why I've not moved on much with my work on Equator 2.

• s_aizawa
    s_aizawa Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi Nozama,

Initially I did it manually, but somehow I found a way to automate the process of naming and tagging presets and creating previews. The key is using .db file in Arcade folder. I set up ODBC interface with it and directly import a lot of information from it into my own database, like preset names, bank names, sound preview directory, taggs, description and all others., and set up scripts to automate things.

If you are really interested, I can show the process in more details ;-)

• JanusOfficial
    JanusOfficial Member Posts: 3 Member

omg id love to learn how you did this all. seriously.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,702 mod
    edited February 2022

Surge VST2 is in the NKS User Library dropbox repository (follow link in first post) already but Surge VST3 version doesn't work in KK yet (the latest is Surge XT)

• CubaseThomas
    CubaseThomas Member Posts: 31 Member

Just found this generous gift from The Unfinished: https://theunfinished.co.uk/free/

He is giving away 900 patches for free ("Twelve Twelve" for Massive and Absynth)! It's the 10th anniversary of his company!

And there is even more free stuff on this site!

Maybe someone could make it ready for NKS? That would be wonderful! Thank you very much! :-)

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 45 Member

Doesn't need to be made NKS-ready. By default, *any* Massive, Massive X, FM8 or Absynth pack expose the parameters of the individual presets to Komplete Kontrol.

Just dump the presets into your documents/Native Instruments/User Content folder, rescan and you're good to go.

I got these yesterday, even made a quick demo using those sounds, no external effects:

https://youtu.be/83iTiZ73gos

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member

Hey guys, does anyone have the NKS presets and previews for Aalto by Madrona Labs? In the old forum there was a link to that which unfortunately is down now …

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 412 Pro

Do you mean this link to @Kymeia 's User Library?

Dropbox – NKS User Library