Are Expansions Only Useful for Maschine Owners?

Connell T
Connell T Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have owned Komplete 13 for about a year now, and use the expansions included in the bundle almost daily. With the current 9 for $99 deal, I was looking to pick up some extra expansions.

I understand that Expansions were made with Maschine in mind. I do not own Maschine but I do own Massive, Reaktor etc. Are Expansions still useful without Maschine? And how do I tell which expansions have Massive and Reaktor presets included with them

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

And one more time I will be promoting Jeff Gibbons as a teacher ☺️

Maschine expansions can be useful also in other programs, even third party ones (and not only for the other NI synths, also for all the other sounds/samples that comes with them, easily accessible in the free Komplete Kontrol but, once again, also in third party programs, like Ableton or what else)

Watch this video, it will be very useful for your doubts:

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

This was a question I had as it seems most of the synth presets are scattered amongst the various expansions but each may have only around 5-15 max if any so it's not really cost effective to buy them on that basis, even in the current sale. Most seem to be Massive presets but it seems there are also a few for Prism (Reaktor) and maybe some others? It would have been great to have an expansion that collates all those patches for those of us not interested in the samples and beat related stuff

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11938/expansions-i-just-want-the-synth-presets#latest

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

And one more time I will be promoting Jeff Gibbons as a teacher ☺️

Maschine expansions can be useful also in other programs, even third party ones (and not only for the other NI synths, also for all the other sounds/samples that comes with them, easily accessible in the free Komplete Kontrol but, once again, also in third party programs, like Ableton or what else)

Watch this video, it will be very useful for your doubts:

• LostInFoundation

About second question: all expansions pages in NI site state what is included in them:

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

But…hurry up…9 for 99 is ending 😉. Since you are in an hurry, I’ll send you also a PM so you’ll receive an email (maybe you already closed NI forum)

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Your question can be answered simply - considering Komplete Start comes with Expansions Selection and it has nothing to do with Maschine.

• Connell T
    Connell T Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks to everyone that answered. I’ve been looking through each individual Expansion and selecting the ones that interest me the most and have good presets/one-shots.

• LostInFoundation

You’re welcome

• KennyV9
    KennyV9 Member Posts: 16 Member

I have used Cubase as my DAW for years, so I have found Battery 4 very useful for using my expansions. I even found that I can set separate outputs for individual drums that way. I usually only need to route the snare separately, but I have done others. That video by Jeff Gibbons is really good, too. But mainly I take advantage of my expansions with Battery and Massive.