Is this compatible with maschine?

AxMusic
AxMusic Member Posts: 117 Member

Hey all just wondering if the Akai Midimax is compatible with maschine?

Here is the link https://www.akaipro.com/midimix

I could’nt find any info on if this would work with maschine…

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

The only things that at the moment is “not mappable” are the buttons (mute, rec arm, solo, bank,…), which play the pad sound (since they send midi notes). But I made the test very quickly and didn’t take time to solve this.

But Midimix is compatible and everything you asked for can be done 👍🏼

Answers

• LostInFoundation

It depends on what you want to do.

Compatible….yes for sure. It is even Class compliant (aka it doesn’t need drivers) so it’s compatible with almost anything (even iPads)

• LostInFoundation

But Maschine doesn’t have a lot of things you can map. Macros, plugins parameters, scene selection, lock states,…

In any case I have one of those. Do you want me to check something in particular?

(Btw: are you talking about Maschine software or Maschine+ ?)

• AxMusic

Thanks for offering to test something out! So can you map the audio level from the sounds to the fader knobs bypassing the groups/sounds?

For instance if i have my project sorted by groups ( Group A sample, Group B Drums, Group C Bass) if I were to mix in maschine Group B wouldn’t have just one sound, but multiple kick, snare, etc… so when mixing in maschine I would have to keep moving from group mixer to individual sound mixer view in the mixer tab. Would I just be able to have every sound next to each other in the controller? And mix like a traditional DAW? Also are the panning knobs mapped? And lastly what do you mean maschine doesn’t have a lot of things to map?

Hope the questions weren’t confusing…

• LostInFoundation

To be sure to make the right tests (yes your description is a little confusing 😂), what you want is:

• the faders of Midimix controlling the sounds of a singular group (drums), one fader for each pad
    • the pannings (I suppose always for the individual sounds of the drums group) assigned to knobs
    • this made in the Maschine software (since you talk about mixer tab ) and not Maschine+

Correct?

• LostInFoundation

Ok…already tested:

Everything you asked for is doable without any problem (the zip file is a video, this forum doesn’t allow to post videos directly

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

The only things that at the moment is “not mappable” are the buttons (mute, rec arm, solo, bank,…), which play the pad sound (since they send midi notes). But I made the test very quickly and didn’t take time to solve this.

But Midimix is compatible and everything you asked for can be done 👍🏼

• AxMusic

appreciate all the research done, thanks for all your help!

• LostInFoundation

No problem, you’re welcome

• fotis
    fotis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I cannot get it to work. I just got the midiMix, and while it is plug-and-play on ableton, it does not work on the maschine 2 software. Pressing the learn button, mashine receives no midi from the midiMix knobs. The midimix is all set on midi-channel 1. Another controller i have has its knowbs sending midi normaly. Can somebody help me set it up ? I already enabled it on the maschine software..

• fotis
    fotis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I updated to windows 11 and it works like a charm