PC Storage for NI Content

mjackman76
mjackman76 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2023 in Native Access

Hi all

Was hoping someone may be able to answer this question. Im hoping soon to upgrade the latest komplete, however im getting low on storage on the 2tb ssd which ive nominated as an install directory / path for my NI content.

My question is - if i installed another 2tb ssd so that I could split the content between the storage (if possible) how is this handled when I download new products through native access - im imagining native access attempts to install them in the default directory? Do I just change that directory to the new ssd so that everything in future gets installed there? If so, what about if/when instruments on the older ssd gets updated - does native access remember history of installed software or does it just look at the default path? Thank you.

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes, you got it right in the last sentences you wrote.

Change intsllation directory in NA settings a new content will be installed there

NA “remember” the installation path for the older ones for when you need to update them

👍🏼

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

It installs to place where it is, not to installation folder that is set in NA. I mean the folder set in NA Settings.

Simply. If NA Installation folder is A, and installed plugin is in folder B. The update/upgrade/reinstall goes to folder B. New/fresh install goes to folder A.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

Yes, you got it right in the last sentences you wrote.

Change intsllation directory in NA settings a new content will be installed there

NA “remember” the installation path for the older ones for when you need to update them

👍🏼

• Kubrak

No, problem to have NI content on two or more discs. I have it so. I case of update NA reinstalls plugin to propper folder (to where it is now), not to NA installation folder, which is used only for new installs.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Edit: I misread what you were saying and understood the opposite because of that “reinstalls” 😂

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

It installs to place where it is, not to installation folder that is set in NA. I mean the folder set in NA Settings.

Simply. If NA Installation folder is A, and installed plugin is in folder B. The update/upgrade/reinstall goes to folder B. New/fresh install goes to folder A.

• LostInFoundation

Yes thank you. I just misread. But this clarifies with examples what we said in our previous answers 👍🏼

• mjackman76
    mjackman76 Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks guys, time to find a good deal on 2tb SSDs!

• LostInFoundation

Just a suggestion: watch for deals, but don’t spare too much on quality

Some ssd are really better than others…so…if you pay half the price ok…but to spare just a little… I would buy the best one if it costs only a little bit more 😉