Does anyone know how to contact Salamander Anagram / Reaktortutorials.com?

rpacker
rpacker Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2022 in Reaktor

I signed up for a subscription to Reaktortutorials.com and I am unable to cancel without voiding my credit card. No one responds, I am unable to login, and it is near impossible to contact support. I suspect there is something fishy going on here and would warn anyone against signing up for this site or ADSR Reaktor, which seems to be run by the same person, I assume Salamander Anagram. It appears to be a scam.

Thank you,

Randall Packer

Tagged:

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

I assume you tried the Cancellation process outlined on this page?

Under the heading “How do I cancel my subscription to Reaktor Tutorials?”

• rpacker

I am unable to login, and I am unable to receive a new password, and I am unable to contact support, so I can't even get to the cancellation process let alone communicate with someone. The same problem on both reaktortutorials and adsr. Who is running these sites!?

• rpacker

And here is a complaint about ADSR, which uses Pivotshare as it's streaming platform:

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Can you dispute the CC Charge... Call your CC Company and see what they can do for you!

• rpacker

I already have and I will have to cancel the credit card which is a giant hassle with many automatic payments. I would prefer to get through to someone to resolve the problem.

• Laureano Lopez
    Laureano Lopez Member Posts: 102 Advisor

It's possible that the site is just abandoned; afaik, Salamander Anagram hasn't worked with Reaktor for some years now. Maybe someone here knows some place where he's currently active.

• rpacker

They may have abandoned the site but someone is charging my credit on the 24th day of the month.

• salamanderanagram
    salamanderanagram Member Posts: 4 Member

hi, sorry for the trouble.

while i made the content for that site (years ago now) it's not my site, but it is run by the folks over at ADSRsounds. maybe somebody over there could help you.

my gmail is salamanderanagram if you want to contact me directly, i can try to direct you to somebody who can help.

• rpacker

Thanks for your note. I just sent you via email a detailed description of this whole mess. Please pass it on and if you can copy me that would be great.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I had similar problems. Unable to cancel, unable to send support tickets via reaktortutorials.com. Was sent to Pivotshare's website which had the same problem, which was outrageous. I then sent them an e-mail describing the problems I ran into. Then they replied that I seemingly was able to solve this on my own, which was strange and lo and behold! My subsription was cancelled.

It was kind of unsettling all in all, but it worked out in the end.

@salamanderanagram awesome to know you are around! May I use this chance to thank you for your great content which really helped me get into Reaktor. Is there a place somewhere I can find more recent Reaktor content by you?

• rpacker

Thanks for confirming this issue, exactly the same as my story. I am still waiting to see if my credit card was actually refunded.

However, I think it's criminal what Pivotshare is doing, taking people's money without delivering on the content they promise on the Website, and making it impossible to cancel on your own. I plan to get to the bottom of this because I am really worried there are many musicians whose money is going down the Pivotshare toilet. "Fortunately, Don's work is superb, but that doesn't justify using his good name to steal from people

• Murat Kayi

without delivering on the content

What does that mean? You couldn't access the content of the website? Because I could, the problem was just that cancelling did not work out as promised

• rpacker

On their Website, they promise new content every week, but there hasn't been anything new for over three years!

• Murat Kayi

Ah, got it. Yes.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,244 Expert
    edited February 2022

@rpacker they do have a Youtube channel and they are very active there, last video uploaded 8 days ago... there, you will also find a contact email, facebook page etc.

btw, why you want to subscribe there? all of their tutorials are on this youtube channel, as far as i see...

...last but not least, this is a good chance to also thank @salamanderanagram for his great work all those years, your tutorials are pure enlightenment dude!