Kontrol F1

idwyr
idwyr Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Been using them for several years now, but now on new comps i can't set up my F1's. Controller editor sees them fine and they seem to work ok there, but device updater or anything else doesn't see F1 connected. I use switch to midi mode, but it's not seen as midi device anywhere. Installed it's midi drivers, editor and nothing. Same on another PC at work. Help!

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

Are F1 connected directly to usb on computer or through an USB hub? Is the eventual hub powered?

First step (I sometimes have to do this with my hub with detachable usb cable even if the controllers are seen by the computer) try simply to detach the usb cable going from the hub to the computer and plug it back in. This magically solves the problem for me 😉

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Also may help pluging USB device or USB hub to different USB socket. Also you may try to plug F1 directly to computer, if using USB hub...

And are you on Win or Mac?

• idwyr

I'm on Win10 on both pc and tried to plug in all usb's i have directly. Been using hub before since i have 3 conttrollers normally, but in that case i am plugging one separately and directly to usb, rear and frontal, ones with power supply and one's without, 3.0 and not, nothing works

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

You could try with an older version of Controller Manager. This has come up in a different circumstance, so it might work.

• idwyr

I used the old versions of device updater and editor (kept them on backup drive since the time i bought my F1s around 2017) and then tried with fresh ones from NI website, but with same result. In OS device manager it's shown with exclamation mark and written "driver unavailable", i did reinstall driver, plug and unplug and of course restarted comps gazillion times). Our admin fella at work couldn't help me either, same thing on PC there.

• idwyr
    edited April 2023

i did plug my F1 to my ancient laptop with win 7 and it had no driver issues there, i believe recent win10 update is incompatible with F1 driver

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

I have no troubles with F1 and I'm on win10. Must be something more specific, possibly a driver issue. You could go look for and test newer (or older) USB device drivers.

• idwyr

I did first install driver from my backup drive( 2017-2018) and only after that tried fresh one, same result

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

The Controller Editor bugs are the reason why I will stop usinf NI gear. It is not reliable and also Nativa Access is a bug fest too.

• idwyr

Is there a way to get driver support or i should just sthrow away my gear and go buy akai?

• LostInFoundation

What do you mean with driver support? I thought you said you already tried to reinstall driver.

If you haven’t here is the link where you find them (but the last one is from 2012, so… but in any case best try to unisinstall and reinstall it)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

• idwyr

As i already said i did reinstall drivers and used old from backup and fresh from website AND i did that on 3 (!!!!) win 10 machines now. It works perfect on win 7, but i can't use ancient os for production so i don't know what else to do and will just dump the NI gear for something with better drivers

• LostInFoundation

If you throw them away as you said, throw them in my direction 😉

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Dual boot mate. win 7 for Djing and win 10 for production.