How to adjust the key in semi tone increments instead of whole tone default on Traktor 3

CP2023
CP2023 Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi,

How tocanadjust the key function, so that when I click the - symbol, it will move in semi tone increments instead of whole tone increments?

Thanks,

C

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Use a controller or keyboard mapping. There is an assignment for changing key by semitone (up/down). If you are using an S2, you can assign it to SHIFT + LOOP encoder turn (with M1=1) and SHIFT+LOOP encoder press to toggle Keylock on/off. You need Override Factory Map checked for this.

Mk3 series already has this built in. It's possible the Mk2 series has this as well but i can't test it so i don't know.

EDIT: Since you are playing around with everything Traktor, i recommend you try out all the possible assignments in the pretty long list to see what's possible and how it works. Experimenting is just about the best teacher in this case and there is a lot that Traktor is capable of. A few tricks can only be used via the assignments and are not accessible by mouse nor mapped in any official controller mapping.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

If you engage Key Lock (circle next to the KEY knob in the Mixer) the Key Widget should display semitone up/down buttons

Answers

• Sûlherokhh

Use a controller or keyboard mapping. There is an assignment for changing key by semitone (up/down). If you are using an S2, you can assign it to SHIFT + LOOP encoder turn (with M1=1) and SHIFT+LOOP encoder press to toggle Keylock on/off. You need Override Factory Map checked for this.

Mk3 series already has this built in. It's possible the Mk2 series has this as well but i can't test it so i don't know.

EDIT: Since you are playing around with everything Traktor, i recommend you try out all the possible assignments in the pretty long list to see what's possible and how it works. Experimenting is just about the best teacher in this case and there is a lot that Traktor is capable of. A few tricks can only be used via the assignments and are not accessible by mouse nor mapped in any official controller mapping.

• LostInFoundation

If you engage Key Lock (circle next to the KEY knob in the Mixer) the Key Widget should display semitone up/down buttons

• CP2023

Nice one dude. Appreciate it. On Traktor Pro 2 I was able to just click with the mouse and go up and down a single semi tone.. This mapping assigning to Shift & Loop how will this allow me to change by semi tone on the S2? Really I just want to simply click using the mouse on my laptop the + and - button and it go up or down one semi tone instead of two, like I can on Pro 2.

• Sûlherokhh

You can do it like @LostInFoundation described. The way i described above is better only if you enjoy getting the most out of your controller and not use mouse/keyboard as much as possible..

• LostInFoundation
  • Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Right-click on the plus or minus button next to the Key knob and change the resolution to "Fine" that should do the trick.

• Sûlherokhh

We've been trying to get his S2 working correctly for the last couple of days, so i assume there is a controller at hand. I may be wrong though... 😋

• CP2023
    edited April 2023

Thank you, this is what I need but all the right click options only give percentage options - I just want to change it from the default +2 or - 2s value to +1 or -1s increments.

Seems like a really obvious thing for Traktor to give you an option for.

• CP2023

Ultimately I am trying to get the most out of the controller, you're right dude - for now I just need a quick familial option (of mouse and click) then I can program mappings for more tactile workflow once I have essentially restored Pro 3 to how I am used to using Pro 2 (with all the perks of the new software) - for context, I perform original music too with Ableton live, so with Traktor which I use for spinning other peoples music, i'm in the process of working out how to get the most out of just the equipment I currently have before investing in new equipment. But I greatly appreciate your help for assisting with mapping controls and explaining how to understand the Traktor work flow better, with my current set up of laptop, Pro 3 and S2!

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Ok Sorry, didn’t notice it was him.

I liked the irony though 😉