Will Maschine FX be back soon ?

Kaldosh
Kaldosh Member Posts: 318 Advisor
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Question is in the title.

Does NI plan to get the MaschineFX.vst3 released any time soon ?

Tagged:

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,249 Expert

I would add a “Feature request” in the tags if you want them to see your question 😉

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,702 mod

It’s not a feature request though

Hope so, not sure why it was removed

• Kaldosh

Yes indeed it is not listed anymore in the vst3 version of the plugin.

I personally use it in Ableton as a channel strip with my custom fx chains

well indeed it is not a feature request but hey I ve got the time to work around. Though in the last 7 years I’ve been facing a lot of technical obstacles coming from that NEW way of dropping support on everything . it is really a surprising philosophy and if I look around me it makes more harm than not. Got the time to feel like the desperate maid of an elite if you excuse the poverty of my expression.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper

@Jeremy_NI I’ve wondered the same - is Maschine mfx being dropped or being updated to v3 in the future?

• LostInFoundation

In my opinion it IS a feature request. And the feature is having back the feature of Maschine FX

• Kaldosh

Ok I respect that but as I said looking around me it is far from making the world a better place IMHO

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,702 mod

I was using it as a workaround for not having an fx version of Komplete Kontrol which is also annoying so to have Maschine FX gone too is doubly so but I hope this is only a temporary omission

• Kaldosh

Same. Weather we like it or not that’s how it is by now. Just trying to figure out in what direction I must go in terms of setup. Either ditching everything and try akai maybe or go arturia. Or just learn the guitar maybe. Well they probably will restore some sort of interest at some point but it always seems like users invest lots of time and effort also in the community and all I heard for the last 7 years is that we can not understand but in the meantime nothing gets better . It is just different.

was reading dear friends vouching for the idea that back in the days we could have a stable setup on an old machine disconnected from everything and keep it fully working. Now with this policy everyone literally take bake or break the products they sell to sell more. But as far as I know long time user are getting pleader and younger users are quickly informed and mostly frustrated by a less and less fair system after few years. Though it is not a complain and could be much much worse as always and sound desperate when you compare the dark ages people have been through through the century. still the more I Hera about innovation all I hear is a new wave of programmed obsolescence of perfectly working things . That is how it is but I’ll never concur to this . It just doesn’t make sense to me.

The harder to take is how one can make great stuff and break it . I understand it comes from elsewhere though but the most annoying is the way seem to be ok with it.

Ah well. All it would take is an offline activation key to make them all satisfied customers…

• LostInFoundation

Perfectly agree

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Akai is pretty good right now.

• Kaldosh

I saw that thanks but I am switching jobs so often why would I have to switch gear .

anyway looks like all I can do is ditch 500 bucks of waves plugin witch half where purchased from NI just to use vst3 that I beta tested a lot . I mean at then end of the day it is just another lesson learned the hard way and surely I’ll won’t fool myself twice and will gladly spread the words to all my students who are so unfortunate. Every successful company built its fortune on fairness, great service , etc. And I never before dealing with audio products lived such thing. It is certainly a new era of crooks somehow. surely I know that I need only one thing to get along and well, I’ll just go with it. I insure you that cannot work in the long run and I give all that mess 3 years max before a huge class action suit . And I won’t be a part of it . Looks like a lot of things are going to roll back in society since technology serve profit before society, social evolution . I do hope I am wrong and I am certainly not cursing anyone here . I am rather a positive person looking for positive actions, vibrations but really this the way it is and the way it goes can’t be right . It just can’t .

• Kaldosh

Yes these where your words in NA thread I think . What is incredible is the way a product seller wants to control its consumers all the way and decide when to stop them. I can imagine the kind of meetings elaborating those great plans and potential returns. Going the old way they would have made double the profit they make and make everyone happy. But hey looks like no one wants to be the best or even just good. Frightening really. One side create amazing tools and inspiration and in the other end a lot of frustration like if anyone really needed a lesson of frustration or that it was a healthy thing . At the end of the day it is what it is and just do what we do… I am Dumbo your best friend lol

• LostInFoundation

What’s even more incredible is that WE allow them to do it. In the end is the consumer who decide, but by thinking “if they say so, there is nothing I can do about it” we just play their game. There IS something we could do, by united telling them we don’t accept some things. But the brainwash Babylon made during the years was really, REALLY effective and people now think somebody on top has some kind of superpower at the point to be unquestionable

• Kaldosh
    edited April 2023

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

+ 1. Something is seriously wrong with NI.