Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Windows 11 problems

SKILLZ0RMACHIN3
SKILLZ0RMACHIN3 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete General

I am having problems with my sound card in windows 11.

1. The device manager shows the inputs / outputs of the sound card, but not the whole device. Is that how it should be? Switched to Windows from Mac OS, that's why I'm asking this question.

2. The sound card periodically turns off (Windows switches to another sound device), after which it turns back on.

Please help me to sort out the problem. Installed the latest version of the drivers for everything that is possible.

Sorry for the possibly bad english.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@SKILLZ0RMACHIN3 I contacted you by email regarding this issue. My colleagues will need to have a deeper look in your system.

Answers

• SKILLZ0RMACHIN3

Let me explain about the second point: the sound card disappears from the device manager, and then appears there again. The effect is similar to pulling out the usb cable and plugging it back in.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

For point 1…yes, this is how I always seen it

For point 2: is the audio interface only powered by usb cable or also by a wall power point? Did you install the drivers for the audio interface?

• SKILLZ0RMACHIN3

Only powered by usb cable. Installed the latest available drivers from the official site.

I noticed one more oddity: in the device manager, the sound card is displayed 2 times.

• Jeremy_NI

The sound card periodically turns off (Windows switches to another sound device), after which it turns back on.

Does it turn off when doing something in particular or is it random? Have you tried another USB cable? Another USB port?

Can you check this article as well (different problem but the part regarding the power settings might be helpful here: KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 / 2 / 6 MK2 Audio Issues (Windows)

• SKILLZ0RMACHIN3

This happens at random times. I have tried other usb ports. The power settings are set according to the information on the link. The problem persists. There are no problems on Mac OS devices.

• SKILLZ0RMACHIN3

On the official website, the latest driver for Windows 10 is from 09/17/2021.

Could it be a problem that the driver is not suitable for Windows 11?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Do you use ASIO driver?

• SKILLZ0RMACHIN3

Native Instruments Komplete Audio Control Panel -> ASIO Status

In System: "ASIO not active"

In DAW: "ASIO active (PCM mode)"

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@SKILLZ0RMACHIN3 I contacted you by email regarding this issue. My colleagues will need to have a deeper look in your system.