Set_snapshot_type ..?

corbo-billy
corbo-billy Member Posts: 83 Helper

Hi _

I'm sorry but I don't understand the news Snapshot type appeared in the recent 6.7. Kontakt version .

Can someone enlighten me ?

Comments

• soundtrax
    soundtrax Member Posts: 14 Member

0: Load NKI + Init CB + Persistence CB

1: Load NKI + Persistence CB

2: Load Init CB + Persistence CB

3: Load Persistence CB

• corbo-billy

Agreed; does Persistence CB mean that it only applies to controls and parameters marked "make_persistent()" or is it another meaning?

I understood the difference between the notions of "make_persistent()" and make_instr_persistent(); is there a relationship, common points with these levels of snapshots ?

• soundtrax
    soundtrax Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2022

Persistence CB = everything in the "on persistence_changed" callback plus all controls that are marked with "make_persistent".

If you use "make_instr_persistent" for a control, it won't be stored in a snapshot at all (no matter which snapshot type) - It will be only stored when re-saving the nki.

"Load NKI" in my list is somehow misleading, since the old snapshot types 0,1 wouldn't actually load or refer to the nki, but they would always load/save the current state of the instruments (all internal groups, mods and fx - so basically the whole setup).

In contrary, the new snapshot types 2,3 don't load/save any of the current instrument settings - which is really cool.

Although I don't really get the logic of snapshot type 0 and 2. It just doesn't make any sense to load the init CB again - it's already loaded.

So, if in doubt which snapshot type you should use: use type 3!

• corbo-billy

"make_instr_persistent" --> It's so particular that I have understood and assimilated it well. Thanks for all the details; I think you understand all of this better when you need it, for your use _