In ear monitor earphones setup

Kayya
Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

Hello friends, I perform with in-ear headphones instead of traditional on-ear headphones. I just switched to this. I can listen to the second sound in my ear at any time. I can listen to the main sound cleanly in my ear at any time.

I took this step thinking that the future is in in-ear headphones, as in stage artists. I have something I want to ask you about this.

The cables of these headphones are very short, it is difficult to connect directly to the mixer. I think the extension cord will be needed. Since the headphones should always be in my ear, his cable will cause trouble as he walks away. Or I'll buy a device that makes it wireless like the xvive u4 product and connect it to the apparatus in my body.

Are there any experienced friends in this regard? What kind of path should I choose?

My question is that I want to buy a wireless microphone. I am open to suggestions. I wonder how it will be wireless.

Comments

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Just Google in ear wireless monitor systems. But I think anything that works well is going to be really expensive for no latency(delay).

The link below are not in ear, but worth reading about how they work for no delays.

https://aiaiai.audio/headphones/tma-2-studio-wireless-plus?gclid=CjwKCAjw__ihBhADEiwAXEazJkd8cowfClyK86j7u8ne4oTe8jq2IXp-EZujaNnaZYuXNQGHUxI6yhoC6j0QAvD_BwE

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Here is a video. Many suggested videos will also come up. That should get you on a path to all possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQUVbcf2yo

• Kayya

They were good examples, but @zephry works with a feature like bluetooth or wireless, for example. We must be able to connect directly with the mixer. The delay should be less than 10 ms. If you examine the brand in my example, it should be below 5 ms. So suggest it doesn't suit us.

@Gee_Flat I'm reviewing your suggestion, I don't quite understand the subject, but I'll push myself.

Could you please review the product in my example?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

I've just bought some IEMs too, the KZ ZS10 Pro from Amazon. I was told that the cable was very short, but in my opinion it's just right. I can stand in front of my equipment and the plug reaches the socket with cable to spare.

Are you perhaps trying to run the cable behind your neck and down your back?

• Kayya

@PK The DJ yes, as you said, I take the headset hidden from my neck, when it comes to my waist, there is a very short share left. A few steps of space is difficult. I don't know what path I need to follow in accordance with professionalism. I could only access one device example called XVIVE U4.

• zephry
    edited April 2023

As far as I know there is no way to have your soundcard (controller or mixer send inputs and outputs) and the Bluetooth work with Traktor. Only one soundcard at a time or Bluetooth selected as audio in preferences.

Most the wireless transmitter options are for stage and concert type use. I haven't seen anyone use for Djing, but I could be wrong.

• Kayya

@zephry There are really few examples around us. I see a lot because I research them while browsing the internet, but I never learn how they handle them.

• zephry

Yeah I try to keep up on as much as I can. I think in ear monitors would probably work best too. And wireless would be very nice. Especially since I would probably forget the cord was there.

The look of headphones is something most people like, including the audience. So the demand to advance or make anything Dj specific in wireless doesn't pop up as much.

Definitely post what you find. I will be looking more into this also.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

@Kayya said: I don't know what path I need to follow

It's quite simple. Don't run the cable down your back.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

My feeling is that BT has too high latency and also the quality is not the best. The latter may be OK, just for DJ cueing, but latency would matter a lot.

You may but extension cable. That is the cheapest solution. If you want professional IEM, you may try Sennheiser. It costs a lot, but you may buy secondhand. I do not use Senn IEM, but I use Senn wireles for microphones. The problem buying secondhand is that there is many chineese copies of low quality in circulation.... And it is important to buy if for the frequency that is allowed in your country....

There are other brands that might be comparable to Senn, or not much worse.

• Kayya

This solution will give me another step or two :))

I bought it from the sennheiser ie series and I use it, I definitely recommend it on the brand. So the most important issue in headphones is this cable issue.

Delay is really the most important issue. Never approach normal wireless headphones. I've experienced this in the past. The xvive u4 product I mentioned promises a delay of 05 ms. This was the best you could find. But I wonder how convenient it is for professional use and how it keeps the sound quality.

İe when your ears leave the impression of a more technical man, I have to take a visual note. And you’re not compromising your appearance. It's always in your ears and it's always ready.

• Kayya

It was a very good example. This is a really expensive solution, the price difference is too much with my example. If there are solutions at this price, there are definitely some things that have changed. I researched the latency, it says 3ms - 5ms. It transfers 99% of the sound quality. The coverage area says 100 meters. That's what I understood. More details may come up. There is also another additional device and there will be a shortage in transportation.

How do you interpret xvive U4 in return for your example? If it doesn't make sense, the cable will look very advantageous for these prices. An extendable cable will solve the job. This product scared me.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

New is expensive. One may buy one seconhand roughly for a third of that price.

In your case, I would buy an extension cable. The spiral, that extends and shrinks would be the best.

• Kayya
    edited April 2023

The subject progressed well. I'll quickly get a spiral quality cable. I saw examples. When I have to leave the stage, I will go by removing the headphone jack.

I am only open to spiral cable suggestions with extension feature. I will be happy if the jack converter is in the package.

If I can find satisfactory economic solutions in the future, I will investigate, but the cable remains certain in the next year. I will also always need in the future to have cables in reserve. I hope this issue will be useful to someone.

Thank you everyone.