Maschine Jam midi mode (banks/groups)

6xes
6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

has anyone ever figured out how to tie the Maschine Jam banks/groups buttons to send a midi value using midi mode...

basically im wanting to press bank 8(blue button) to send out a midi CC/note & simultaneously change to the usual bank 8template as well

The bank/group buttons themselves do not send midi nor recognise midi signals

if however you run the controller editor & mjam device selected... you are able to cause changes to occur via GUI

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

I suppose what you want is not doable. As you said, group buttons don’t send midi messages.

But…I’m interested in what you say. Could you please elaborate more your last sentence?

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited April 2023

essentially when the GUI for the controller editor is open.. and the machine jam device is on the GUI, you can change the banks/groups from within the GUI and it reflects on the maschine Jam device when you select things on the GUI

So this basically means there is a process running in the background which causes the changes to be implemented and reflected on the Device.

i suppose a workaround could be something in the lines of..

bring controller editor to front and focus... automate a mouse click on the exact position of the GUI and then return focus back to Daw.

this of course is little cumbersome but would work if everything is positioned correctly

At this point... i might as well have just pressed 2 buttons

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I guess, banks change layer of other or some other buttons. So, those buttons may have more commands, each for one bank...

I will try to check later, but now I am a bit drunk. ;-)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    edited May 2023

Well, if there is no CC assignable for a button it means it is not supposed to send MIDI. I don't think there is a workaround here. @D-One maybe?