Favourite DAW with NI

Comments

• GeekDog
    GeekDog Member Posts: 2 Member

When I was first learning music production I tried out practically all of the DAWs on the market, trying to learn the differences, and to find something I really liked.

TBH Reaper is the only one that really impressed me and is the one I use exclusively today.

There's something special about Reaper's user interface and how easy it makes the flow when producing a new track that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Plus it works really well with all of my NI and any other plugs I throw at it.

• leev220hz
    leev220hz Member Posts: 3 Member

Another +1 for Live

• Kaga
    Kaga Member Posts: 2 Member

+1 for Bitwig.

• smoddelm
    smoddelm Member Posts: 1 Member

Cakewalk. I've used Cakewalk / Sonar since the beginning. It does everything I need (and much more), and I've had no issues with Native Instruments plugins in it.

• PascalHP HSMR
    PascalHP HSMR Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2023

Hello, are they the only DAWs that can use KOMPLETE KONTROL?

I have the FL studio 21 version and no problem for use, except certainly the Ram which is just for the accumulation of VSTs, since Kontakt 7 is quite greedy which creates slowness in loading files.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited April 2023

I think you misunderstood me. I wrote that you have to use specific DAWs to have the full functionality with Komplete Kontrol keyboards, not with the Komplete Kontrol plugin. Although you, of course, also need a Komplete Kontrol keyboard to make full use of the Komplete Kontrol plugin (e.g. to be able to switch sounds or switch controller pages in the plugin from the hardware etc.).

• : )
    : ) Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2023

Hmm. Guess the DAW would have to enhance your NI plugins then somehow.

I would say Cubase, because I can dump all I want into a template and just disable all the tracks.

Then I have it all ready to go at my fingertips

Have I tried all DAWs though? No :)

I might just prefer Studio One if I ever give that one a shot, who knows. Or some other DAW

But I'm liking Cubase a lot so far

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

FL for sure is one of the most popular DAWs out there, and NI software runs just fine in it, but strangely enough there is a rather limited amount of hardware controllers that give "out of the box" decent hardware integration. This is not an NI issue, it's more in general.

• mr_jonix
    mr_jonix Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Here is how I do multiple instruments in single Kontakt instance in FL Studio.

Add 1 instance of Kontakt. Click on gear - go to Settings tab - Set Input port to anything you don't already use for anything else. Now add a MIDI Out instrument for every instrument that you want in kontakt. In the top right of each MIDI Out set port to the number you have set in Kontakt, then select a unique channel (top left). In Kontakt add instruments that you want, then at the top of each instrument click on (i) icon. It will have a MIDI Ch. setting there. set it to whatever channel you have set in the MIDI Out. That is it, use Piano roll of each MIDI Out to play a different instrument within a single instance of Kontakt. Hope this helps

• von Klamke
    von Klamke Member Posts: 4 Member

Studio One for me after abandoning Live.

Very nice integration with KK, and two different ways to integrate Maschine and saving track presets is a bless.

• jttaylorsvoice@5
    jttaylorsvoice@5 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

i started with Protools and i still use Protools. Any hits I've written have been written using Protools so it works for me. I've worked with many artists musicians and producers who use many different DAWS and my conclusion comes down to this. What can you afford and what's familiar. There's a learning curve to using any DAW and some respond a little different to some plugins and some have different setups etc., When it comes down to it as long as you have the ability to write a song about what you have in your head and then be able to record it and then put a good mix on it hooray! So go for it, and if you're fortunate to write a great song the DAW you use will become the DAW people will be attracted to, until the next one. Happy writing!

• robnroll61
    robnroll61 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

I've tested some, Cubase, Protools, cakewalk, reaper....then I found Live xx, and I am still on. This one give's me what i want, and how i want. My creation, Mix & Mastering are done on it.

• Steve Westbrooks
    Steve Westbrooks Member Posts: 5 Member

Reason 12, based on it was the only one that I tried out that I understood at the time. It just works for me. I love it. I'm using the monthly subscription.

Steve

• Günther Radelmacher
    Günther Radelmacher Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Steinbergs Cubase Pro und Nuendo.

Funktioniert perfekt. Nur Kontakt könnte endlich ein größeres Fenster bekommen und die Sample Bearbeitung (für eigene Instruments) übersichtlicher und auch für Stapel Arbeit geeignet sein.

• MX_3095
    MX_3095 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

For me, Studio One is the best ever ❤️