Happy post! Kontrol S4 MK2 6 deck Xone 92/96 emulation workaround.

Ronnie Hamada
Ronnie Hamada Member Posts: 6 Member

Newbie here but I just discovered that I can actually run my turntables through a DAW instance alongside Traktor. I achieved this ghetto xone setup by allowing the DAW to monitor inputs 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6. I set the master output of my DAW to outputs 1/2 and the monitoring output to 3/4.

I added a 3 band eq to each of the turntable channels and mapped these knobs alongside the faders and the cue buttons to a midi controller I have laying around here.

Inputs 5/6 are basically the mic input jack on the back of the controller, I added a few fx on that channel on the daw and midi-mapped the wet/dry knob to a midi controller and am sending the signal from my external gear into that channel for fx. I thought about mapping it to my 4th traktor channel as an "sendfx in" to use the built in traktor fx for external gear, which I might do later.

For my traktor setup, I'm running a 3-deck setup (with a behringer CMD-PL1 as my 3rd deck) with a xone 92/96 emulation mixer emulation (4 band EQ with the 4th band knob being the filter knob, remapped to be the low EQ knob, and the original low EQ being remapped to be the lo-mid knob on all channels. My filter is a 92 filter fx (fx group 2) and I only use reverb and delay as fx (fx group 1), the 3rd effect in group one being the vinyl fx to close DJ sets.

Tagged:

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

What a nice post.

Positive, informative, just made to help others

What a breath of fresh air

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (Even if I’m not gonna use your discoveries 😂)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Thanks for sharing @Ronnie Hamada