License transfer: KA2 Interface bundle with GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 Update

IQMusic
IQMusic Member Posts: 91 Helper
edited April 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hey,

Am planing on selling KA 2 Interface, however I am a bit confused with the license transfer. I was told there's been an update to the way licenses are handled with bundled software with HW registration.

• If I transfer the KA2 HW license, what will the new owner receive, does the new user receive the bundled software such as essentials and Guitar Rig LE again ?
  • Guitar Rig LE is showing as unregistered stored on my account, I figure because I got GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 Update installed first.
  • GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 shows as an Update, the website states the update requires Guitar Rig pro 5 or 4, that I don't have but it appeared to work fine.
  • Can GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 Update transfer to a new owner, but what base product would they require to use it, I thought it would require the free version of Guitar Player, I am unsure.

Thanks

D

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Support confirming that the base product for GUITAR RIG 6 PRO is KOMPLETE AUDIO 2. That means you'll have to sell both as a bundle.

If you sell only KA1, and keep GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 Update in your account, it will be invalid - since it requires a base product.

Also, you only need to transfer the hardware serial of the product. The buyer will get the bundled software serials automatically.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited April 2023

What was bundled originally with KA2? He should receive all the software bundled with the hardware. But being it old, I’m guessing if they will fulfill the promises

• LostInFoundation

This is a quite specific situation. I think it would be better to have a direct answer by NI support, maybe by opening a ticket on the case

• IQMusic
    edited April 2023

Originally bundled with the KOMPLETE AUDIO Essentials Collection for KA2 and Guitar Rig LE if I am not mistaken, it also came with Guitar Rig 6 PRO.

Yes I currently have a ticket open with NI support.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Hope they will answer you fast and you can sell your interface, but be ready to have to wait.

You did the right thing with the ticket. I could gave you a more decise answer basing it on what they usually do, but with old products, better for you to have their DIRECT answer as an “insurance” if something goes wrong 😉

Last guy I told “oh yes, they’ll just give a new serial to you as they did with me, but contact them” replied me that they told him he has to buy the software…

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Support confirming that the base product for GUITAR RIG 6 PRO is KOMPLETE AUDIO 2. That means you'll have to sell both as a bundle.

If you sell only KA1, and keep GUITAR RIG 6 PRO for HW 2022 Update in your account, it will be invalid - since it requires a base product.

Also, you only need to transfer the hardware serial of the product. The buyer will get the bundled software serials automatically.

• IQMusic