How to migrate Komplete 13 to a new computer

devdcdj
devdcdj Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi All, I am getting a new computer (PC) and would like to know if there are best practice for migrating all Komplete. I installed all of the products to a separate HD on my current PC and can move it to the new pc. I am hoping that I do not have to reinstall everything over again. Does anyone have experience completing this or tips to get this done with the least amount of frustration.

Thanks

Devin

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer โœ“

Uninstall Kontakt and Reaktor just to get them off the drive, then download and install them on the new machine. Connect the drive to the new system and have Kontakt and Reaktor relocate the instruments associated with them. Then setup your DAW and have it look for all plugins and/or standalone instruments.

I don't think it's any more complicated than that. But I could be wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Answer โœ“

Uninstall Kontakt and Reaktor just to get them off the drive, then download and install them on the new machine. Connect the drive to the new system and have Kontakt and Reaktor relocate the instruments associated with them. Then setup your DAW and have it look for all plugins and/or standalone instruments.

I don't think it's any more complicated than that. But I could be wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰

• devdcdj
    devdcdj Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks Gee, I will give it a try when my new pc arrives.

• Gee_Flat

I guess I forgot to mention removing Komplete Kontrol also and re-installing it if you use it. And to continue using Kontakt 6 rather than download K7 Player.

I hope someone else chimes in, if they have a different take on all of this.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

You have to port over the NKS directories and registry entries/plist files, otherwise you will have a completely broken installation. You can't just copy the content directories and install KK/Kontakt/Reaktor/etc.

NI software does not scan directory structures to look for content (like Arturia or IKM), it references locations stored in the Windows Registry or macOS PLIST files from installation.

There are NKS assets that are not installed into the content directories, but in various other folders on the system. Those also need to be ported over. Otherwise, the browsers will be broken because you won't have categories or thumbnails. The thumbnails are copied on installation. It doesn't record them if they are missing.

Wont be fun using an S Series controller or Maschine MK3/Plus with all of the graphics assets missing.

• rocco55
    rocco55 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Yes, you can transfer your Komplete software to your new PC without having to reinstall everything. Here are the steps to do it:Transfer the Komplete software from your old PC to your new PC.

You can do this by either copying the software files from your old PC onto an external hard drive, or by using a file transfer software such as Windows Easy Transfer.Once the software has been transferred, install the Komplete software on your new PC. You can do this by running the installer file for each of the Komplete products that you want to use.After the installation is complete, open each of the Komplete products and make sure that they are authorized on your new PC. You can do this by logging into Native Access and entering your product serial numbers. If you have any issues with authorization, you can contact Native Instruments support for assistance.Finally, you may need to update your Komplete software to the latest version. You can do this by opening Native Access and checking for available updates.