No input signal

Dongki
Dongki Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Hi community,

I am trying to sample sounds with Maschine mk3 from my laptop or my phone, but I'm not getting any signals for it. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The option under Security and Privacy is ticked

Tagged:

Best Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper
    Answer ✓

Make sure in preferences in Audio below Routings you have your inputs setup. Also your device is set to MacBook Pro instead of Maschine which means it isn’t seeing the inputs at the moment.

I use an aggregate device on Mac to use a separate output device from the input.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210295425-How-to-Create-an-Aggregate-Device-macOS-

• just_jump
    Answer ✓

Judging by yours images you want to click output tab and set 1L /R to 5 / 6 (MacBook Pro speakers)

you can keep your system audio set to MacBook Pro or whatever you normally use.

YouTube audio shouldn’t be affected so I’m not sure why it would distort. Unless you’re sampling it from MacBook Pro Speaker output in Maschine with Monitoring on. Then you would be doubling signal possibly or would that actually cause a feedback loop I’m not sure. Maybe both.

I’ve always kept the MacBook Pro as the clock source for the Aggregate device, but I don’t know that it should cause issue. As long as you have drift correction check for anything that is not the source (which you seem to have correct).

Note that in your current aggregate setup your MacBook output will shift to output 1/2 from 5/6 when Maschine isn’t connected. This is why I put it first as click source and slide it left of external devices. You can grab the name bubble and drag to reorder as I recall.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Try pressing the arrow buttons near the Browse button to page over to the previous/next screens and select Monitor.

• just_jump
    Answer ✓

Make sure in preferences in Audio below Routings you have your inputs setup. Also your device is set to MacBook Pro instead of Maschine which means it isn’t seeing the inputs at the moment.

I use an aggregate device on Mac to use a separate output device from the input.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210295425-How-to-Create-an-Aggregate-Device-macOS-

• Dongki
    edited April 2023

Thank you very much for the answer @just_jump, @Peter Harris.

I've set the aggregate device as below and it seems like I'm finally getting the input signal through my Maschine, however I'm also getting enormous distortion when playback.

Is it possible to set my MacBook speaker as my output? (Currently not using my Scarlett Solo)

• Dongki

After rebooting, I don't get any sound from Maschine 2 software, though I can see the input signal on the hardware and output signal on the software as well.

Also, when I play a youtube video, the sound is distorted badly.

Current audio settings:

What am I missing here?

• just_jump
    Answer ✓

Judging by yours images you want to click output tab and set 1L /R to 5 / 6 (MacBook Pro speakers)

you can keep your system audio set to MacBook Pro or whatever you normally use.

YouTube audio shouldn’t be affected so I’m not sure why it would distort. Unless you’re sampling it from MacBook Pro Speaker output in Maschine with Monitoring on. Then you would be doubling signal possibly or would that actually cause a feedback loop I’m not sure. Maybe both.

I’ve always kept the MacBook Pro as the clock source for the Aggregate device, but I don’t know that it should cause issue. As long as you have drift correction check for anything that is not the source (which you seem to have correct).

Note that in your current aggregate setup your MacBook output will shift to output 1/2 from 5/6 when Maschine isn’t connected. This is why I put it first as click source and slide it left of external devices. You can grab the name bubble and drag to reorder as I recall.

• Dongki

@just_jump Thank you so much!!