Super 8 doesn't load in KK in a Mac studio

Marcel
Marcel Member Posts: 37 Member
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi, I hace S8R2 , it works loading it vía logic drop menu plus instrument, but can`t load in KK, is any Way to delete it from mi KK label librarles?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

You need to be using the Reaktor version now so contact support for a license for that, to which you will be entitled. The old R2 plugin will still load in Logic because the au is using Rosetta but it is not Apple Silicon native and no longer being updated so the VST3 won't load in Komplete Kontrol unless you are also running that with Rosetta 2 enabled.

You can delete the old NKS from the browser easily, just delete the plugins first, then right click one of the NKS presets for Super 8 and select 'Find in Finder' then delete all the NKS patches for Super 8 from the folder it opens and rescan the database.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    Answer ✓

Super 8 R2 was discontinued as a standalone synth and will never be updated to be M1 natively compatible. It is now back to being a Reaktor synth. I've added a Super 8 Reaktor version to your account, this way you can use Super 8 in Reaktor in ARM mode.

You can still use Super 8 as a standalone synth when in Rosetta mode. imho the best would be to keep only the Reaktor one, meaning uninstalling the standalone Super 8, rescan Komplete Kontrol and all should work fine.

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

You need to be using the Reaktor version now so contact support for a license for that, to which you will be entitled. The old R2 plugin will still load in Logic because the au is using Rosetta but it is not Apple Silicon native and no longer being updated so the VST3 won't load in Komplete Kontrol unless you are also running that with Rosetta 2 enabled.

You can delete the old NKS from the browser easily, just delete the plugins first, then right click one of the NKS presets for Super 8 and select 'Find in Finder' then delete all the NKS patches for Super 8 from the folder it opens and rescan the database.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Super 8 R2 was discontinued as a standalone synth and will never be updated to be M1 natively compatible. It is now back to being a Reaktor synth. I've added a Super 8 Reaktor version to your account, this way you can use Super 8 in Reaktor in ARM mode.

You can still use Super 8 as a standalone synth when in Rosetta mode. imho the best would be to keep only the Reaktor one, meaning uninstalling the standalone Super 8, rescan Komplete Kontrol and all should work fine.

• Marcel

Thank you very much @Kymeia. @Jeremy_NI How I proceed to have mi reaktor version of S8?

• Marcel

@Jeremy_NI thats a f…., great! Client service! Thanks thanks 🙏 a lot!

• Jeremy_NI

@Marcel I added it to your account already and it should show in Native Access.

• Marcel

@Jeremy_NI thaks!!!!🙏👌

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

@Jeremy_NI What does this means for other Super 8 users? If we don’t get the Reaktor version added to our account we can’t use it anymore?

Sorry for the question, but I know Reaktor only partially…no expert at all

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

@LostInFoundation FYI, you can use the free Reaktor Player as well, if you don't own the full Reaktor.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Thank you, but I do own full Reaktor. I was wondering why Jeremy had to add it to the OP account

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper
    edited April 2023

I have the same issue with Super 8 R2 - did not know it was discontinued. Bit confused if I have both version, the R2 was the one I got installed on my M2 Mac when I saw it did not work in Komplete Kontrol - can I get help to get it switched back to the Reaktor Super 8 version?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

@MLARS The R2 is discontinued and it seems toy didn't have the Reaktor version so I added a licence to your account. You should have now 2 different Super 8 in Native Access, the 1.0.0 is the Reaktor one.

I would recommend to uninstall the R2 version to avoid any confusion in the Komplete Kontrol browser, following these steps: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

@LostInFoundation Long story short: Super 8 was sold a Reaktor instrument at first, then it was sold as a standalone synth (not needing Reaktor anymore), but then the idea of developing such synths in standalone was dropped. Super 8 R2, the standalone synth was discontinued but is kept in Komplete 14, back to a Reaktor instrument. Since it is not developed anymore it doesn't get the M1 native compatibility, that's why we give owners of the R2 version a licence for the Reaktor ensemble, since now Reaktor 6.5 is M1 native compatible. (and yes, I really tried to make it short 😂)

• LostInFoundation

Yes, I understand this. What I’m saying is: do really every single owner of R2 have to come here and ask you for a license of the Reaktor ensemble and you to add a license in their account one by one? And what happens to the people who don’t know they have to come here to have for a “manual addition”? Isn’t a better solution possible (all the R2 owners get the license automatically without having to come here begging for it)?

• Kymeia

It does seem a rather disorganised process to be doing it on a case by case basis - people might not even know to come here or that they can ask support. As I said in a couple of other threads, the transition from Reaktor ensemble to plugin was automatic, if you had the Reaktor ens license you got the VST one. I'm still not entirely seeing why that can't be the case now but the other way 'round.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

No one has to beg for it. You can just ask for it. 😉